Anyone working Saturday in the northeast?

tourists24

Only one Teamster works on Sunday? Nice grammar. FYI...There are no Teamsters that deliver packages on Sundays like FedEx is doing tomorrow.

All UPS had to do is announce that we would be delivering.... the Teamster would have to work on Sunday. That was a company decision

tourists24

I would think it would be a little more involved than just an announcement.

Yes it would... it would mean telling the drivers that we will be delivering valentines day... now here is the number of drivers we need... here is a list for volunteers.... if we still need more drivers we will force from the bottom up. Im sure plannning would have to be done but I think if Fed Ex can figure it out then so can UPS

hudson

UPS managers work on Sundays. Ever heard of a laptop or a Balckberry? I send and receive emails all weekend long. Your package car and DIAD stay in the building until Monday morning.

hudson

Correct. UPS found out late Friday that FedEx was going to deliver proflowers.com on Sunday. By the time UPS found this out it was too late to put a plan together. I still believe that it would have been easier get UPS management to work on a Sunday then the Teamsters.

tourists24

Correct. UPS found out late Friday that FedEx was going to deliver proflowers.com on Sunday. By the time UPS found this out it was too late to put a plan together. I still believe that it would have been easier get UPS management to work on a Sunday then the Teamsters.
UPS knew well before Friday (WELL before)..... at least in my little neck of the woods. We had all been talking about it for some time

OVERBOARD

Don't believe everything you think

True, but receiving emails on Sunday on what you're going to have for lunch on Monday doesn’t count as work, before you take it the wrong way I'm only joking with you.

hudson

True, but receiving emails on Sunday on what you're going to have for lunch on Monday doesn’t count as work, before you take it the wrong way I'm only joking with you.

I will give you credit...that was funny, real funny still laughing. But that doesn't happen. We figure out lunch plans Monday morning at Starbucks.

MD Dan

I Worked Monday, Tuesday and Friday(12 hrs) and cherry picked the flowers Friday to make all of the Valentines Day deliveries as best I could. My building was hammered Friday with the backlog from Wed and Thur. We had a Christmas peak day's volume to deal with on Friday. I don't believe we were allowed sufficient routes/drivers/helpers to deal with that volume. There are times when you have to take a short term hit to the bottom line to ensure your long term customer loyalty. We seem to be forgetting that since we have gone public.

leastbest

LeastBest
I worked today (Saturday). 28 stops in four and a half hours at time and a half. Mostly flowers. Easiest money you'll ever make with Brown.

p228

I received a email memo late Friday that said FedEx was running a special Sunday sort and delivery in certain cities for proflowers.com..

They might want to stop by PHL first since Pro Flowers sent almost 100 FedEx packages there.

tieguy

Banned
I received a email memo late Friday that said FedEx was running a special Sunday sort and delivery in certain cities for proflowers.com...Try to get a Teamster to that...The memo also said that this was the first time in FedEx history that they were going to deliver on a Sunday...This is only the beginning of FedEx one upping us...Guess who is going to deliver 100% of proflowers.com volume next year? Not UPS...

Nice gimmick with serious concerns. If we deliverd on saturday then just about everyone who works has the hours due to snow days. By delivering sunday they risk people running out of hours by friday.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
Wait, first you said we're not working Sunday because of those darn teamsters, now you're saying it's because management got caught with it's pants down? Which is it?
As has been pointed out already, all you would have to do is put up a sign up sheet. I guarantee you would have had enough drivers to deliver any flowers that weren't delivered yesterday.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
we have a lot of sorts and people working sundays. No delivery ops. Guess we'll have people delivering sundays in the future thanks to fdx. Or maybe not. Is sunday double time for most ops?
Keep in mind that Valentine's day only lands on Sunday once every 7 years. Even if it double time, it's not very often.