Apartment deliveries

DS

Fenderbender
I still contend that if you drive to a stop, do not complete the stop (prerecord) and then drive to the next stop Telematics will show you as recording in travel.
I beg to differ Dave,recording in travel is a no no,it means you are looking at the diad when the car is in motion (in drive).
It simply means that you are falsifying records.They know where you were and when you left.
Shutting off the car to complete a stop is NOT recording in travel.It's called dishonesty.
It could also be that you are really busy.Let's go with that.

satellitedriver

No you should be doing it the way you where doing at at first go to apartment knock scan info notice mark as left at prerecord, than when you done in the complex deliver to the other to the office. Your SUP is a idiot. Your doing twice the amount of work that you should b doing.
Bingo!!!
We have a winner.
The only caveat is that on the notice you should write, "If the office is open."
Many times the manager is out taking care of their business, not UPS's. -(imagine that)-
If the office is not open, stand there and NI every apt you could not deliver.
Time stamp/GPS location for trying, and a time stamp/ GPS location for non-delivery.
This job/career is simple, if you understand the complexities.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
Just curious how you do your apartment stops. I was called into the office because telematics showed me turning my truck on and off without doing any deliveries, but it was because I was doing my apartments, and if they werent home, I would prerecord and have office sign when I was done with the entire complex which would be about 10 stops that were not in.
Since then, I have been doing NI1, to get the stop recorded, then when I go to the office, I do each stop as duplicate resi, so I am not padding stops. Is this right? If I asked management, I am sure I would get a different answer from each person I asked.

What you were doing before was the correct method.

The fact that your supervisor is all of the sudden getting his panties in a knot over it because of a Telematics report is his problem, not yours.

If he keeps whining about it, ask him to demonstrate whatever it is that he wants you to do differently. Odds are, he wont be able to because he doesnt even know himself what that method should be. All he knows is that there is a number showing up on a report and he wants that number to go away because somebody in a cubicle in Atlanta sent him an email saying that the number was icky and poopy and bad.

tourists24

I still contend that if you drive to a stop, do not complete the stop (prerecord) and then drive to the next stop Telematics will show you as recording in travel.
I have an apartment complex that I always prerecord if they arent home and take to the office. I never show up on telematics as recording in travel. Maybe the OP is hitting the prerecord after they are heading to the next stop? I hit prerecord while I am standing at the apartment, head to the next apartment and repeat. Just taking a guess.

yeldarb

I have an apartment complex that I always prerecord if they arent home and take to the office. I never show up on telematics as recording in travel. Maybe the OP is hitting the prerecord after they are heading to the next stop? I hit prerecord while I am standing at the apartment, head to the next apartment and repeat. Just taking a guess.
I didnt record while travel, and I havent been on any telematics report having done that. "Recording in travel" was a suggestion of possibility from Upstate, and it got blown out of proportion from that. I didnt get disciplined. They only asked why I was turning my truck on and off without recording anything.

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
I beg to differ Dave,recording in travel is a no no,it means you are looking at the diad when the car is in motion (in drive).
It simply means that you are falsifying records.They know where you were and when you left.
Shutting off the car to complete a stop is NOT recording in travel.It's called dishonesty.
It could also be that you are really busy.Let's go with that.

I have a couple stops that put a sign out if no pick-up. I stop the truck, turn it off and complete the pick-up. Been on telematics since July and haven't heard a word about anything. Like Sober says, these reports are their problem not mine. I'm just out delivering boxes.

over9five

Staff member

The only caveat is that on the notice you should write, "If the office is open."
Many times the manager is out taking care of their business, not UPS's. -(imagine that)-
If the office is not open, stand there and NI every apt you could not deliver.
I always wrote that too.

barnyard

KTM rider

You are contending incorrectly.

If a driver does not hit any keys while the truck is moving, there is no sheeting while the truck is moving. He is being called in because it appears he is stopping many times without a delivery. It is interesting that the supes do not scroll down his report a little farther and see that he is getting 10 stops done with one signature.

Sounds like the OP has a lazy management team.

iamhuge

Banned
because the sups are stupid and couldnt figure out why he was stopping and opening his bulk door over and over without recording stops.

CharleyHustle

You need to complete each stop and then bring any send agains for the complex to the office and resheet as dup res.

This has been covered before, if you follow this procedure you will count each pkg twice thus inflating your pkg count. The only way to make this kosher would be to not duplicate stop and then go back and void each NI1 stop. But then, you would have to go back and hang new notices on each door. Prerecord remains an option in the board only to leave multiple stops at one location, exactly as the original poster was doing. According to pretzel-man there are 3 GPS tags on a delivery. 1 when the pkg is scanned, 2 when it gets signed for and 3 when the stop is complete. The pkg thus will show a scan at the apartment and then signature and stop complete at the office. When you scan the notice at the door it will now link to the delivery at the office and not show the delivery as NI1.

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
I did diad training yesterday and one was DR cert. All the same thing basically, yada yada yada. I guess I will start having a ton of send agains everyday. I have a bunch of apartment complexes on my rte and with all this big brother on board schiatt, I will be bringing deliveries back where in the past I would have DR'd them and been on my way. It works out in one way, more time, less stops.