Appearance Standards

How Now Brown Cow

Is there anywhere for me to find our Appearance standards? The link to it on upsers.com doesn't bring it up.

I'm just looking to see what it says exactly. They are starting to ride people about UPS socks here, but I thought I when I started driving I was told black socks were fine.

balland chain

I was told that brown or black socks were fine if wearing pants. If you are wearing shorts you are forced to buy the overpriced UPS socks.. However, I have noticed (after being told I could not wear black socks) that the "favorite" drivers can pretty much wear what ever the hell they want to. Kinda sucks, but that is UPS.. There is (was) an appearance guideline section in the employee handbook but that was over 20 years ago and I am not sure if they still have that around..

How Now Brown Cow

I got their socks last year. But nothing was ever said to me for the 4 years prior to that. I don't have an employee handbook, so I can't look there. I was looking on the UPSers site and when you click on appearance standards, nothing happens.

Cementups

Box Monkey
The only appearance standards every written said "black or brown socks". It never said anything about "with pants". I was even told by a steward that it was just an understanding that the UPS logo socks were to be worn with shorts. I told him I don't do understanding. We have language in the contract since 1994 that says we can wear shorts then we should rewrite the standards.

Bottom line is if they force you to wear it then they should be providing it to you. Pants/shorts, shirts, belts, hats and SOCKS!!! Provide it and I'll wear it.

The only appearance standards every written said "black or brown socks". It never said anything about "with pants". I was even told by a steward that it was just an understanding that the UPS logo socks were to be worn with shorts. I told him I don't do understanding. We have language in the contract since 1994 that says we can wear shorts then we should rewrite the standards.

Bottom line is if they force you to wear it then they should be providing it to you. Pants/shorts, shirts, belts, hats and SOCKS!!! Provide it and I'll wear it.
What kind of socks..DO YOU WEAR...without pants? Spank monkey??

Ghost in the Darkness

Why don't you just wear pants, then change into shorts after you leave so you don't get the sock Nazis stirred up. You won't even have to change back since they've have all left for the day when you return. I haven't bought any socks yet and don't plan to either.