Apple Card (credit card)

scooby0048

This page left intentionally blank
I was researching credit cards with good rewards and came across the Apple Card. They have the ability to pre-approve on their site so I filled out the application. I'm not too worried about getting approved, my scores are high, and UPS pays us good. I gave all the info online then they wanted me to upload a copy of my license front and back before they went any further with the approval process.

Never seen this before when applying for a credit card so I stopped and withdrew my application. It's bad enough having almost all your life out there on the internet anyways don't need my license out there to add ammunition to a future identity theft issue. I would really like this card as it has high rewards rates, its sexy, and from what I understand, starting credit limit is usually pretty high.

Any of you guys or gals have an Apple card and did you have to upload a copy of your state issued id?

rod

Retired 22 years
The sad thing is Apple probably already has all the info on you they need. All this crap seems to be shared among the bigger companies. When I was checking out changing auto insurance awhile back every company I checked with already knew what vehicles I had. Scary stuff. Has anyone been watching that new show on TV called NEXT? It's about when a few people take over the over the world by using the internet to shut things down.

scooby0048

The sad thing is Apple probably already has all the info on you they need. All this crap seems to be shared among the bigger companies. When I was checking out changing auto insurance awhile back every company I checked with already knew what vehicles I had. Scary stuff. Has anyone been watching that new show on TV called NEXT? It's about when a few people take over the over the world by using the internet to shut things down.
I agree. Same thing when I switched insurance carriers for a cheaper rate. The Apple card is backed by Goldman Sachs so I would imagine they actually do have every bit of information they need on me. Can't see why they need me to upload my Gov't issued id.

floridays

I was researching credit cards with good rewards and came across the Apple Card. They have the ability to pre-approve on their site so I filled out the application. I'm not too worried about getting approved, my scores are high, and UPS pays us good. I gave all the info online then they wanted me to upload a copy of my license front and back before they went any further with the approval process.

Never seen this before when applying for a credit card so I stopped and withdrew my application. It's bad enough having almost all your life out there on the internet anyways don't need my license out there to add ammunition to a future identity theft issue. I would really like this card as it has high rewards rates, its sexy, and from what I understand, starting credit limit is usually pretty high.

Any of you guys or gals have an Apple card and did you have to upload a copy of your state issued id?
Fraud purpose most likely.
Concern yourself with sexy girls, that's all any guy could probably handle.
A sexy card, WTF, go with American Express, a chick will think you are sexy.

floridays

I agree. Same thing when I switched insurance carriers for a cheaper rate. The Apple card is backed by Goldman Sachs so I would imagine they actually do have every bit of information they need on me. Can't see why they need me to upload my Gov't issued id.
Fraud, fraudulent applications.

scooby0048

Fraud purpose most likely.
Concern yourself with sexy girls, that's all any guy could probably handle.
A sexy card, WTF, go with American Express, a chick will think you are sexy.
Yeah, the AMEX cards are sexy too but the card I want is a little out of my reach...

542thruNthru

I don't use credit cards.

Straight cash!
cash-gif.gif

sailfish

Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone
I almost never carry cash but I use my Cap 1 QS like a debit card so my rewards add up fast. I was in the market for something with a little more oomph in the rewards department that's what led me to the Apple card.
That's what I do. Only charge to it what I have cash for and pay the balance monthly. And I put everything I can on it, including things like car insurance and tuition which really send the rewards flying.