Applied for seasonal driver helper

newguy4114

Hey I recently put in an app for a seasonal driver helper online. This is going to be my first job ever. After submitting the app it instantly said I have an interview in 2 days. I went to the interview got talked to about the job in a group for about 10 minutes. They called me back for a very short interview mainly yes or no questions with a couple past work experience questions (Which I feel I bombed a bit since I don't have any past experience) I even brought up the concern that I don't have my license so I don't know how I would meet the driver, she made a note to try and get me a route near me since I'm right next to the hub anyway. After that was completed I was told then and there orientation is in a week. So, now its been a week and my orientation is tomorrow supposed to be 4-6 hours. Does this mean I got the job? This seems like it was really easy. I've also read some forum post about the driver helper and some people don't get a call some do but don't stay on the route. Should I continue to look for other jobs at other places and if getting a different more permanent one should I just quit this one?

Hey I recently put in an app for a seasonal driver helper online. This is going to be my first job ever. After submitting the app it instantly said I have an interview in 2 days. I went to the interview got talked to about the job in a group for about 10 minutes. They called me back for a very short interview mainly yes or no questions with a couple past work experience questions (Which I feel I bombed a bit since I don't have any past experience) I even brought up the concern that I don't have my license so I don't know how I would meet the driver, she made a note to try and get me a route near me since I'm right next to the hub anyway. After that was completed I was told then and there orientation is in a week. So, now its been a week and my orientation is tomorrow supposed to be 4-6 hours. Does this mean I got the job? This seems like it was really easy. I've also read some forum post about the driver helper and some people don't get a call some do but don't stay on the route. Should I continue to look for other jobs at other places and if getting a different more permanent one should I just quit this one?
Keep looking for a better job because even if are used as a driver helper the hours are not regular. I mean you may work 2 hours one day and 4 or more hours another day and then not work at all for a couple days. Apply as a PT package handler job instead either at UPS or FedEx.

barnyard

KTM rider
If you do not have a license, I suspect that you will be far down the candidate list. If you are used, it will not be till late in the season.

scooby0048

This page left intentionally blank
Should I continue to look for other jobs at other places and if getting a different more permanent one should I just quit this one?
Who cares. This job will only last about a month and a half and then you will be looking for another job anyways.

Otis3

Call HR ask for your coordinators phone number. Call them tell them you want to work. I take it you got a uniform?