April Fools or....

TxRoadDawg

The annual again we made record profits, BUT we can only afford 2 % for you....
2767strip.jpg

UPS1907

They can give me whatever ‰ they want, I balance it with LESS hours. It's actually nice. The QPR is unattainable, so throw that out. My family obligations come first, if I can't go on road one day or have to leave early.. . oh well. The way I see it, smaller raise, smaller expectations. I can work that.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
They can give me whatever ‰ they want, I balance it with LESS hours. It's actually nice. The QPR is unattainable, so throw that out. My family obligations come first, if I can't go on road one day or have to leave early.. . oh well. The way I see it, smaller raise, smaller expectations. I can work that.

Your QPR sounds like my so-called "time study". As a management person, would you accept a similar argument from an employee who was overallowed, or unable to reach a similarly unattainable goal?

UPS1907

Your QPR sounds like my so-called "time study". As a management person, would you accept a similar argument from an employee who was overallowed, or unable to reach a similarly unattainable goal?

If all drivers running same route had same results, It would have to be looked at, but if one or two had different results.. well. Nonetheless, the difference overall is drivers get a raise good or bad. Management does not have that luxury (although MANY good supes DON'T get raises and many BAD ones do)
I can't control the illogical thinking of upper management, I just have to adjust. Fairness, justice and the partnership mentality went out the window in 1999

Dragon

Package Center Manager
Well if you are receiving a 2% merit it is a result of a QPR score at the "Needs Improvement" level or your compa ratio is very high.

If you get more than 2.5% you padded your QPR! Just saying...

If you are a long time supervisor than you compa ratio is high.

TxRoadDawg

2% give or take for experienced sups, the newbies get more so they can play catch up. a 3-4 year sup makes almost as much as on with 8-10 years. Ive seen the same 2% rated .9 and 1.4 on a qpr, the raise is purely center manager's discretion.

TxRoadDawg

if 3-4 drivers know the route and none can scratch the study is screwed. if a cover driver goes out blind with a map and runs edd and scratches id say that points to the other drivers methods. still does suck its only numbers on a dam spreadsheet now and wall street dividends instead of quality service