APWA VP Danny Eason to be on radio

nospinzone

Just found this in my email.....
BREAKING NEWS EVENT​

The Steve Somers Show, America ’s Truckin’ Network, has invited me to appear on their program of Thursday night, July 25, at midnight till 1am Friday morning, July 26.
This show is broadcast from WLW Radio in Cincinnati and was formerly known as the Truckin’ Bozo show.
Apparently one of our members called Steve during a free topic portion of the program last week and started a dialog which created this opportunity.
We invite you to tune in to AM 700 if you're in the Cincinnati area or channel 173 on the XM Radio network.
Please make all of your friends who are working the overnight shift aware of this.
I believe the call in number for his show is (888) 860-8785 should you have a question or comment.

Danny Eason
Here are the links to listen to the program streaming live online.
Steve Somers and the American Truckin Network
WLW AM 700 Cincinnati Streaming Radio

705red

Browncafe Steward
I know his show is from midnite to 5 am. How many will be staying up to listen,how many will call?
I will take the time to call! And i will say my name is 705red so you that are listening can here me debate the facts with danny!

mittam

missed you last nite red thought you were calling in to the show. I was up till about 3 am listening, and yeah I know the phone lines were jammed. I tried to call for about 2 hours and could not get through until 2.30. It was pretty good show, I think it would be interesting hearing them answer at the same time. Maybe they can work that out soon.

wkmac

I didn't listen to the show but I did just visit the station website to see if a transcript was available from the show. Found nothing but I did notice they posted a link to APWA's website.

Interesting!

I'm all for more heat on the Teamsters so keep it up APWA. Without all this heat from so many fronts the IBT IMO would not even consider other options to our pension problems and would just walk in to UPS, demand some crappy amount that does nothing in the longrun and UPS who loves bottom dollars anyway, would smile, pay the money as in past practice and then both would skip off hand in hand to the golf course laughing together at the idiots they represent and do the job in their hourly workforce.

BTW: for the record unlike some here, I don't blame UPS because if you are buying a car and the idiot salesman leaves off a couple of zeros in the final price, you'd snatch that money out of you pocket so fast hoping to get the papers signed and off the lot before he realizes the mistake and you know it! Like the car salesman, his only hope to recoup is that is 5 or 6 years you come back to buy another and you get em then but 6 years later he just drops those zeros again. Stupid or is something else up?

:ohmy:

705red

Browncafe Steward
missed you last nite red thought you were calling in to the show. I was up till about 3 am listening, and yeah I know the phone lines were jammed. I tried to call for about 2 hours and could not get through until 2.30. It was pretty good show, I think it would be interesting hearing them answer at the same time. Maybe they can work that out soon.
I was trying, i did hear some very good questions and answers from both sides but both sides also dropped the ball a little. It was nice to hear a respectful debate!

my2cents

The podcasts are uploaded for Steve Sommer's show on the 27th

Oddly enough, the host of the show is muted when interviewing Danny Eason during the first hour. All one hears is a podcast jingle, dead airspace, and a Danny Eason reply to a question. This type of cycle repeats itself throughtout the first hour. The other podcasts posted for the show are fine though.

Despite the glitch in the first hour, the podcasts are worth listening to. Regardless of one's opinion on the issues discussed, the show itself was a lively affair. The only time I became bored was when some lady called in and shot the breeze for about 10 minutes or so.