Are batons ok to carry while on road?

Brownt10

The reason I ask is bc I come across some aggressive dogs and the owner is not home or has no control over their dog. This is rare but it does happen. I follow my methods yelling ups, beep horn but the dogs don’t always run out until I get away from my vehicle.batons are legal in my state and I would conceal it on my belt. I know ups does not allow weapons but it’s no different than a multi tool or a pocket knife which is my next step. So overall can I carry a baton concealed if legal in my state? I honestly don’t want to be a fatality and a 14 year old just got mauled by 4 dogs in my state

MECH-lift

Union Brother ✊🧔 RPCD
..but my supervisors told me yell “ UPS!” at every house so the dog understands it’s just the UPS guy and not an intruder.

Saca La

What is it?
Blow horn. Yell ups. Bag it. Leave it on driveway. Put in the remarks “drvwy dog”

That’s what I do at least when it’s a route I’m not too familiar with. I’ve been chased before. It’s not fun.

Brownt10

The reason I ask is bc I come across some aggressive dogs and the owner is not home or has no control over their dog. This is rare but it does happen. I follow my methods yelling ups, beep horn but the dogs don’t always run out until I get away from my vehicle.batons are legal in my state and I would conceal it on my belt. I know ups does not allow weapons but it’s no different than a multi tool or a pocket knife which is my next step. So overall can I carry a baton concealed if legal in my state? I honestly don’t want to be a fatality and a 14 year old just got mauled by 4 dogs in my state

Let me elaborate. I cover tons of different routes and I do memorize the houses with dogs and leave letters when I DR the package. Ive used the Dias on a dog before and it worked. Now I’m not trying to over think things but what happens when you approach certain breeds and the dogs just come charging at you even if you are facing them and holding the Dias out and if it’s more than 1 dog. I’ve been caught off surprise and honestly after just recently having drivers in my state get severely bitten and people littered getting killed which is few and rare really makes me feel unsafe. I will always continue using the methods and won’t get out with dogs present and my bosses are awesome about this but I’m referring to those surprise visits that catch me off guard bc they do happen. Will I get terminated if caught with s batons or using it to keep a dog back and NOT hitting them unless bitten?

Jkloc420

Do you need an air compressor or tire gauge
just carry mace

GenericUsername

Let me elaborate. I cover tons of different routes and I do memorize the houses with dogs and leave letters when I DR the package. Ive used the Dias on a dog before and it worked. Now I’m not trying to over think things but what happens when you approach certain breeds and the dogs just come charging at you even if you are facing them and holding the Dias out and if it’s more than 1 dog. I’ve been caught off surprise and honestly after just recently having drivers in my state get severely bitten and people littered getting killed which is few and rare really makes me feel unsafe. I will always continue using the methods and won’t get out with dogs present and my bosses are awesome about this but I’m referring to those surprise visits that catch me off guard bc they do happen. Will I get terminated if caught with s batons or using it to keep a dog back and NOT hitting them unless bitten?

Face the dog. Stand tall (puff chest, stand straight). Speak with a loud and deep voice. Retreat slowly walking backwards, never taking your eyes off the dog. If it charges you, kick it like a football and run for the hills.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS

Get a 10 or 12” adjustable wrench and keep it in your back pocket

Never know when you might have to “wrench” on something

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
Only in Louisiana and it has to be red.

Baton Rouge

Last edited:

MECH-lift

Union Brother ✊🧔 RPCD
What about bear mace? , spray little poochy with that see what he does lol

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
tenor (15).gif

Only if you need to practice your field commanding.