are cover drivers just pawns

BobBarker

if i pass i could make $18.75 an hour starting out while full timers are making 20’s something. all while working the same amount of hours doing the same job lol im a slave

ShimmeringGlitteringIntermediateegret-size_restricted.gif

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
if i pass i could make $18.75 an hour starting out while full timers are making 20’s something. all while working the same amount of hours doing the same job lol im a slave
So you think starting out that you should make the same money as someone who’s been there 10 years?

Zowert

There is a such a thing as full time cover driver. I’ve been one for two years, haven’t been laid off a day.

And it’s actually $18.69 starting out. Then $19.44 after your first year. The contract should be in effect by then though, you’ll get $21 then $23. I can’t wait to get to $41 an hour, six figures a year with OT.

I had this Amazon :censored2: try to cut in line at a loading dock once. I gave him an ear full. He said, “You know what’s funny, we do the same job only I make more money than you.” I asked him how much he made; “$16.50 an hour homeboy!” I laughed at him.

Last edited:

Faceplanted

Our “cover driver” positions are technically part time posistions but you work full time hours. Pay rate is 28-29hr

What I did and many others do is qualify as a cover driver, than start signing the full time bid sheets and get red circled at 10 bux or so more an hour than the guys who went straight full time.

DeliveryMachine

There is a such a thing as full time cover driver. I’ve been one for two years, haven’t been laid off a day.

And it’s actually $18.69 starting out. Then $19.44 after your first year. The contract should be in effect by then though, you’ll get $21 then $23. I can’t wait to get to $41 an hour, six figures a year with OT.

I had this Amazon :censored2: try to cut in line at a loading dock once. I gave him an ear full. He said, “You know what’s funny, we do the same job only I make more money than you.” I asked him how much he made; “$16.50 an hour homeboy!” I laughed at him.
So he said, “we do the same job.”??? HAHAHAHA our trucks aren’t full of just envelopes and shoe boxes! We make twice as much and work 3X’s as hard.

The Driver

I drive.
So he said, “we do the same job.”??? HAHAHAHA our trucks aren’t full of just envelopes and shoe boxes! We make twice as much and work 3X’s as hard.

I think we work three times harder but actually do make three times as much, or more, when you count the healthcare, pension, vacations, etc.