Are Mondays Insane at Your Station, Too?

MassWineGuy

I help with pm doc sort on Mondays or whatever the first workday is. Typically heavy for understandable reasons. But the last couple of months have been often off the wall.

A major problem is lack of staff. My manager said we’re interviewing like crazy. But when applicants learn they must take a drug test they walk out. It’s a miracle everything gets where it’s intended. Usually.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
I would think applicants should KNOW that a drug test would be involved. Standard procedure at a lot of places for the last 30 years or more.

NC man

I help with pm doc sort on Mondays or whatever the first workday is. Typically heavy for understandable reasons. But the last couple of months have been often off the wall.

A major problem is lack of staff. My manager said we’re interviewing like crazy. But when applicants learn they must take a drug test they walk out. It’s a miracle everything gets where it’s intended. Usually.
Yep Monday’s suck, I take off as many as possible.P1 is getting crazy ,over 2k today,some rates had 50 pr 60 and we leave at 1015!

falcon back

And they still can’t get any help
That can't be. According to everyone on here, hiring problems ONLY happen at FDX because they are a crappy place to work and don't pay enough. According to those same people, everyone wants to work at UPS because everyone there loves their job and they pay great. How can UPS have problems hiring people?

MAKAVELI

That can't be. According to everyone on here, hiring problems ONLY happen at FDX because they are a crappy place to work and don't pay enough. According to those same people, everyone wants to work at UPS because everyone there loves their job and they pay great. How can UPS have problems hiring people?
Probably because they have people like you who no one wants to work with.

Lates

Yes seems to be at a lot of stations normally the reload is done my pick up drivers most are tues-sat so reload is always short on mondays.

FX’D UP

No its the best day of the week. Planes landed over the weekend, no late freight leaving building at 0815 back in under 8hrs, i love Mondays.

McFeely

Huge Member
No its the best day of the week. Planes landed over the weekend, no late freight leaving building at 0815 back in under 8hrs, i love Mondays.

Mondays are good on my route because that’s the only day I can finish in under 9 hours lately. Used to be a 7 hour day pretty regularly.

MassWineGuy

It’s definitely not as enjoyable as it once was. All kidding aside, can you anticipate anything good about peak this year? For me, late freight, lack of vehicles, staff shortage and the overwhelming volume of a.m. freight in the mid day flight makes me a bit pessimistic.