Are these the proper shoes for the job? (Driver Helper)

rhilo

big cummies
If you want a bigger chance to stay on then I would suggest applying for a INSIDE temp job.
Probably going to apply for an inside job after this seasonal gig tbh. I dont know if being a helper will up my chances at becoming a driver in a few years but I'll take all the experience I can get

Bagels

Family Leave Fridays!!!
For such a temp gig, I would go to walmart for the cheapest shoes to get me by.

Disagree. A cheap pair of shoes can be a very painful lesson (literally).

Probably going to apply for an inside job after this seasonal gig tbh. I dont know if being a helper will up my chances at becoming a driver in a few years but I'll take all the experience I can get

Taking a dump at McDonald's while singing "I'm lovin' it" will have the same impact on obtaining a driving job as driving helping does. Your best bet would be to work on the inside -- and persons who worked on the inside will get priority over driver helpers.

rhilo

big cummies
Do you currently work at Walmart? If so, what shift do you work?
Overnight stocking. I won't have much time for sleep between the two jobs but I'm in it for the money.

Taking a dump at McDonald's while singing "I'm lovin' it" will have the same impact on obtaining a driving job as driving helping does. Your best bet would be to work on the inside -- and persons who worked on the inside will get priority over driver helpers.
Well I'm already hired as a driver helper.. I'll apply for an inside job come January and hopefully be hired for doing a good job as a helper.

hellfire

no one considers UPS people."real" Teamsters.-BUG

You feeling extra jerky this Saturday?

barnyard

KTM rider
Break them in by wearing them for a week before you actually use them for work.

They are tennis shoes for chrissakes. No break in required. Should be able to wear them out of the store and on route with no problems.

Good thing peak is relatively short, those shoes won't last much beyond that.

Billy Ray

God, help us all.....
...or for a little extra style, try these

platform shoes.jpg

ManInBrown

They couldn't care less what a driver helper wears. As long as you have a pulse. When your driver hands you a package, and points to the blue house across the street, don't bring the package to the yellow house down the street