Are they aloud to do this?

FAVREFAN

Last night (day before new year's eve) we finished our work for the Twilight Shift and we were all ready to go home. Night sort showed up and started working and they wouldn't let us leave. We had to keep working into the midnight hour. Some tried to leave but they had security at the front door and claimed, "you can leave if you give us your I.D., but you're never coming back. You will be fired"

I was mad because I obey the rules, and one of the rules is no cell phones in the warehouse. I told my Mom to pick me up at 9:30, because that was our estimated downtime for the night. My car is broke down at the current moment that's why. Anyway, my Mom and Grandma waited out front for 2 and a half hours waiting on me, bless their hearts, I figured they would have gone home, and their car died because it was 5 degrees friend outside and they needed the heat on in the car, which used up the battery

How can they not let us leave when we have lives of our own? Can't they warn us in advance? Complete bull ****.
Never mind the ignorance to your question in this thread.
Yeah, they can do this. It's happened multiple times in my hub with the 22.3's. Same deal......security at the door asking for Id's. They do call it job abandonment. Always expect the worst from management. They can't help it, they are heartless. Don't you know, you are supposed to arrange your entire life around a part-time job? That's the way they are guy. Good luck.