Are we getting paid overtime today?

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
I didn't say July 3 is a holiday, I said we should have been given an extra option day to compensate us for losing a holiday.
The whole point of a holiday is to have time off.
Since there's a specified number of holidays in the contract, and we aren't able to observe one of them since it falls on a Saturday, we should be given an option day to still get the time off.
That's what seems fair to me but I know you work-cultist guys get a thrill from slaving away.
You didn't lose a holiday. It is on a weekend.

Last edited:

542thruNthru

I didn't say July 3 is a holiday, I said we should have been given an extra option day to compensate us for losing a holiday.
The whole point of a holiday is to have time off.
Since there's a specified number of holidays in the contract, and we aren't able to observe one of them since it falls on a Saturday, we should be given an option day to still get the time off.
That's what seems fair to me but I know you work-cultist guys get a thrill from slaving away.

You did get the day off... its on Saturday and you'll be paid for it.

Sissy Brown Short Shorts

Normal working day for everyone today. Twenty-two fours get the day off with pay tomorrow. Not sure if you get holiday pay if you’re M-friend, that would be sweet if we do.
If they don’t pay out the holiday for M-friend drivers I will never work another Saturday again. If the company considers it to not be a work day to pay the holiday then I don’t consider it a day for me to work ever.

PT Car Washer

If they don’t pay out the holiday for M-friend drivers I will never work another Saturday again. If the company considers it to not be a work day to pay the holiday then I don’t consider it a day for me to work ever.
The list of paid holidays is in the contract. Including the Friday after Thanksgiving. If we are forced or volunteer to work any of those holidays, the compensation is also in the contract. If you want a day off just have a good attendance record and call in sick any day you choose. I guarantee not too much will be said.

Dracula

Package Car is cake compared to this...
My job in feeders is Tuesday-Saturday, 1:30AM. Here, any job with a start time that begins on a holiday is considered a premium job on that day. They put all of these jobs up for bid for the day of the holiday.

So, schedule-wise, it’s a paid day off. But I bid on my job and won it. So tonight, morning, really, is paid at double time, in addition to the straight holiday pay.

It’s a good deal for me, because I’m getting double pay for a day I would be working anyway. Normally I don’t win the holiday bid for my job.

Dracula

Package Car is cake compared to this...
I know a guy that has a M-friend job that starts at 11:45PM, so even though he is working right now, he is at regular pay, although with his holiday, he basically is getting double time for his first 8 hours.