Are you happy with the direction the "Brown" Cafe is taking?

What statement bests describes your position on BC?

• PLEASE put (UPS) Brown back into "Brown" Cafe!

Votes: 25 28.4%
  • Let's change "BC" to industry wide site!

Votes: 2 2.3%
  • I could care less!

Votes: 8 9.1%
  • Just keep it as Browncafe and let it evolve naturally.

Votes: 53 60.2%

• Total voters

UPS Lifer

There has been a lot of discussion about the direction the BC has taken. It seems there may be just a few of us doing all the talking. It is time to take a poll!

You can get some background by reviewing the thread "Constructive Dissatisfaction".

moreluck

golden ticket member
I'm happy with the Browncafe......the way it was and the way it is.

It's called 'growth' and people are always afraid of growth.

We post news articles about FDX all the time. What's the threat if a few FDX folks comment on things in their own section?

I really don't see why the big uproar about it.

Now if Cheryl was to start a radical Muslim section, you wouldn't have another post from me !!! Did I say that out loud?:biting:

Last edited:

Griff

I could careless. I don't run this site and I certainly don't pay for it. Who am I to tell someone what they can or cannot do with it? I think it's a joke that people are in an uproar about such an insignificant add-on, UPS people dominate this site and always will.

moreluck

golden ticket member
I didn't vote, because the choices weren't exactly worded the way I wanted to vote.

I wanted to vote just to keep it as Browncafe and let it evolve naturally.

govols019

You smell that?
I don't see what the problem is. I guess some of y'all would think I'm disloyal to the company because I eat lunch with a Fed-Ex guy.

tieguy

Banned
Its really not about who you eat lunch with.

Its not about banning fdx posters , or post office posters. Its about keeping the brown cafe the brown cafe.

We previously had fdx posters and others here. We had a forum to read news about our competition. All that was fine.

By creating fdx forums we have now evolved away from a ups site to a package delivery site.

It would be the same allowing management to use three offices in your local teamster hall.

Last edited:

edd_tv

Cardboard picker upper
i like the hearing the news on the competition. i have 20 + more years to go. My future is in brown and i kind of like having a central place to go to read on all the headlines that could maybe effect my future.

that being said, i like hearing stories about ups from the people who have actually worked at ups. not a few disgruntled few who used to or never did. i imagine its the same at the other companies but i dont care because i work for ups. i wanna hear about my company. i have enough co workers who complain to keep me busy for quite some time.

tieguy

Banned
Would it make you guys happy if we changed the title of their area to the "Blue Cafe a subsidiary of the Brown Cafe" ?

You do know their are wonders of modern psychiatric medicine that can be prescribed to help deal with any anxiety or thoughts of paranoia. i`m sure we can get you referrals.

And thats the problem when we get responses like this from the moderators.

We previously had fdx people and fdx news here. no problem then. The problem now is the creation of fdx forums changes the site from a ups to an industry site.

no paranoia involved here. It was a cheap shot on your part to even throw it in there.

Your response is not unusual though. there is a tone of arrogance in your response that is also prevelant in other moderators posts.

UPS Lifer

I didn't vote, because the choices weren't exactly worded the way I wanted to vote.

I wanted to vote just to keep it as Browncafe and let it evolve naturally.

Cheryl,
I think moreluck has a good point....Can you go in and add that item to the poll?

FedexExEmployee

Would it make you guys happy if we changed the title of their area to the "Blue Cafe a subsidiary of the Brown Cafe" ?

You do know their are wonders of modern psychiatric medicine that can be prescribed to help deal with any anxiety or thoughts of paranoia. i`m sure we can get you referrals.

:thumbup1:

local804

We previously had fdx people and fdx news here. no problem then. The problem now is the creation of fdx forums changes the site from a ups to an industry site.

no paranoia involved here. It was a cheap shot on your part to even throw it in there.

Your response is not unusual though. there is a tone of arrogance in your response that is also prevelant in other moderators posts.

This is like the 5th time this year tie and I agree and its not even a contract year. I think I need to see a doctor.

brazenbrown

I could careless. I don't run this site and I certainly don't pay for it. Who am I to tell someone what they can or cannot do with it? I think it's a joke that people are in an uproar about such an insignificant add-on, UPS people dominate this site and always will.

Excellent, I could not have said it better!!

ROFLMAO!! Common sense and humor all rolled into one!

Wow! I thought his response was funny. Weren't you complaining about being too heavily moderated?? And now this mod lightens it up a bit and you complain..

Believe me the paranoia comment was not only his observation!:happy-very:

The site is "naturally" evolving into an industry site. It seems like you have that option covered.

So what, get over it! It's a great site and the fact the FDX has a forum on it does'nt change it to a scary industry site, in fact it is very appropriate and gives us another choice.

We should all be thanking Cheryl for her hard work and vision that keeps us all coming here...Poll that!!

govols019

You smell that?
Quote:
Originally Posted by govols019
I don't see what the problem is. I guess some of y'all would think I'm disloyal to the company because I eat lunch with a Fed-Ex guy.

why compare apples to oranges?
Because they are about the same size?

paidslave

Your funny tieguy.....You want to keep this a UPS site. If you do, then please don't tell anybody to go and work for FEDX. Because they just might do that or compare us with them..

Remember how FEDX was founded?

From bad attitudes..thats how....or should I say take it or leave it attitudes!

Ups probably would have been a monopoly by now.....maybe it was planned?

I am Not mad at your response but we need to include FEDX..simply because it is too late not too!

Maybe we can learn some things from this company and get our business back before its too late!!

After all there stock is so much higher than ours! :peaceful:

Coldworld

60 months and counting
I can see everyones point, but at least the people who are posting for fedex actually want to burn their fedex buildings to the ground. Maybe we can flip them and corrupt them with ups mentality and use this to our advantage. Now repeat after me, "I am a fedex employee, my express packages are no big deal, they can be delivered any time of the day, customers like it when Im late, I want ups to take over the world!!!"