are you tiring of the greenhorns?

overflowed

I understand it in all of our interests to have all these people hired. But, do you think they should've hired them before peak, instead of 1 week before? Blown pups, I need help, can you grab this, can you get that? How do I sign into dispatch? What say you? Never stops. No one told me how to do Jack when I started. I don't think the 3 day class is cutting it.

Nolimitz

Sent one two Oc pups the other day at 0930 both rdy. got them both back at 1415 w a note from dispatch sayin the new guy did not know how to do a pup..... WTF.

dezguy

Let them fend for themselves. I don't get paid enough to be a trainer because FedEx is too cheap to send these people to courier school. Need pup help? Sorry, I have enough of my own work to do. Have a question on how to do the job you've been hired for? Go ask your manager.

Is it cold? Yep but this company has taken enough away from its frontline employees, yet expects us to now also be trainers at no extra compensation.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Let them fend for themselves. I don't get paid enough to be a trainer because FedEx is too cheap to send these people to courier school. Need pup help? Sorry, I have enough of my own work to do. Have a question on how to do the job you've been hired for? Go ask your manager.

Is it cold? Yep but this company has taken enough away from its frontline employees, yet expects us to now also be trainers at no extra compensation.

Exactly. I was just informed in another post that I was "wrong" about Peak this year. The same thing happens every day at my station, where new people do perhaps half the work of a decent courier, and eff-up royally each and every day. What am I missing about this Peak (and this company overall), not being a complete cluster?

Jayhawk

What about the 20 year plus couriers who don't do a damn thing because the have "earned the right"? Let's not act like it's just the new people at Fedex.

DontThrowPackages

What about the 20 year plus couriers who don't do a damn thing because the have "earned the right"? Let's not act like it's just the new people at Fedex.
The company can, at the very least, count on that 20 year courier to get the job done. Yeah, there are some who try to cherry pick their routes in the morning. Meaning, some may try to dump a box over 100lbs or dump that one stop that's on the outskirts of their route. But for the most part management knows that 20 year person will be back at the end of the day without issues.

dvalleyjim

gee, Things are tough all over. These greenhorns are just people willing to work, looking for a position. Some will make it, some won't. You Express guys are such winers. You should work for ground and then you would have something to cry about. If you know guys who work for ground ISP's you know what I'm talking about if you can be honest.

Route 66

Slapped Upside-da-Head Member
You Express guys are such winers. You should work for ground and then you would have something to cry about. If you know guys who work for ground ISP's you know what I'm talking about if you can be honest.
This sounds like whining to me. You sure you're not Express?

stortiz1

I'm a greenhorn. And the last one for the season to be trained. But I'm the type to try to be competitive and learn to try to not make mistakes. It's difficult. I hope I make it and not drag down production.

!Retired!

I understand it in all of our interests to have all these people hired. But, do you think they should've hired them before peak, instead of 1 week before? Blown pups, I need help, can you grab this, can you get that? How do I sign into dispatch? What say you? Never stops. No one told me how to do Jack when I started. I don't think the 3 day class is cutting it.
Management must have loved you when you started. I suppose you walked in off the street not needing any training or help on the road.

overflowed

Management must have loved you when you started. I suppose you walked in off the street not needing any training or help on the road.
Yup, that's about the gist of it. As is most the people I know. Normal training? Defensive driving and courier class. Yes. Never had a ride along or anything, was thrown a set of keys during peak after the training and told to empty it. Don't know what station you started at? I've been at a few, and I don't know anyone getting the training you seem to be talking about.

Either way, they sure aren't getting much training now a days.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!

Then come here and complain about the performance of new hires that you refuse to help.