Arizona to allow guns without permit.

ups1990

Listen up So Cal surf rats. Be careful when honking at those Zonies as they drive erratically to and from our amusement parks.
"I know a lot of 21-year-olds; the maturity level is gravely concerning sometimes," said El Mirage Police Chief Mike Frazier, an Arizona Association of Chiefs of Police board member
I know of many 21 year old men and women who can handle a gun just fine and with precision in the military. This levels the playing field against those wishing to harm lawful citizens and their families. Man, why can't we have this in Kalifornia!

SWORDFISH

Make the criminals think twice about stealing. The police are to busy sitting at speed traps trying to catch speeders. Just make sure if shoot dont blow a leg off cuz then we have to support the hose bag for the rest of his life.

moreluck

golden ticket member
You Go Girl!

BUTTE, MONTANA

Shotgun preteen vs. Illegal alien Home Invaders:
Butte, Montana November 5, 2007

Two illegal aliens, Ralphel Resindez, 23, and Enrico Garza, 26, probably believed they would easily overpower home-alone 11 year old Patricia Harrington after her father had left their two-story home.
It seems the two crooks never learned two things: they were in Montana and Patricia had been a clay shooting champion since she was nine.
Patricia was in her upstairs room when the two men broke through the front door of the house. She quickly ran to her father's room and grabbed his 12 gauge Mossberg 500 shotgun.
Resindez was the first to get up to the second floor only to be the first to catch a near point blank blast of buckshot from the 11-year-old's knee crouch aim.. He suffered fatal wounds to his abdomen and genitals.
When Garza ran to the foot of the stairs, he took a blast to the left shoulder and staggered out into the street where he bled to death before medical help could arrive.
It was found out later that Resindez was armed with a stolen 45 caliber handgun he took from another home invasion robbery. That victim, 50-year-old David 0Burien, was not so lucky. He died from stab wounds to the chest.
Ever wonder why good stuff never makes NBC, CBS, PBS, MSNBC, CNN, or ABC news.........an 11 year old girl, properly trained, defended her home, and herself......against two murderous, illegal immigrants.......and she wins,
She is still alive.
Now that is Gun Control !

Thought for the day:
Calling an illegal alien an 'undocumented immigrant' is like calling a drug dealer an 'unlicensed pharmacist'
I like this kind of e-mail. American citizens defending themselves and their homes.

HAVE A GREAT DAY

klein

Für Meno :)
Wow, no more permits !
All the arizona criminals must be loving that decision.
They no longer need to purchase thier guns illegally and thru 2nd and 3rd parties.
Saves them money and time ! Nevermind the unneeded hassle to aquire one.

For lawabiding citizens (with no prior criminal record), it also comes in as a huge benefit, not having to wait a few days. Waiting sucks !

brett636

Wow, no more permits !
They no longer need to purchase thier guns illegally and thru 2nd and 3rd parties.

For lawabiding citizens (with no prior criminal record), it also comes in as a huge benefit, not having to wait a few days. Waiting sucks !

As usual you are mistaken on your premise about purchasing firearms here. Here in Indiana I don't need a permit to purchase a firearm. I merely have to submit to a quick background check which requires about 5 min. to fill out the NICS background check form and to have the store call it in. Once the all clear is given I can legally purchase a firearm. A permit is only required if you wish to carry a gun outside the home like on your person or in your vehicle, but I believe exceptions are made for transporting a gun home from the store or to a range. I'm assuming it works the same way in Arizona, but I'm sure someone here can correct me if I am wrong.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
Wow, no more permits !

Perhaps you should actually read the article before commenting on it.

All the new law does is allow law-abiding citizens to carry concealed without a permit.

It does not in any way change the existing Federal laws relating to the legal purchase of firearms.

Criminals are already prohibited from owning firearms under Federal law, so the new rule will not affect them.

bigbrownhen

This is just common sense as far as Im concerned. Lets just watch a see how the crime rate is affected. Everyone should have the right to protect home and family in what ever manner they choose. JMO.

Lue C Fur

Evil member
Wow, no more permits !

Klein is back!!! And as usual he has no clue.:faint:

bbsam

Staff member
Perhaps you should actually read the article before commenting on it.

All the new law does is allow law-abiding citizens to carry concealed without a permit.

It does not in any way change the existing Federal laws relating to the legal purchase of firearms.

Criminals are already prohibited from owning firearms under Federal law, so the new rule will not affect them.
And how long does it take for a "law abiding" citizen to become a felon with a firearm. Soberups, I know for a fact that you and I have met other friends of Bill who although "law abiding" citizens are only a resentment away from being eligible for prison lifer status. People are crazy, and not necessarily diagnosed that way.

unionman

And how long does it take for a "law abiding" citizen to become a felon with a firearm. Soberups, I know for a fact that you and I have met other friends of Bill who although "law abiding" citizens are only a resentment away from being eligible for prison lifer status. People are crazy, and not necessarily diagnosed that way.

Thats why I don't own a firearm. Odds are, that you are much more likely to accidentally shoot someone you love than an intruder. Besides, I have a very bad temper and if somebody did something to one of mine, who knows.

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
Wow, no more permits !

:grrr:We didn't have to wait anyway. It takes only a few minutes to run a background check. It takes me longer to decide which gun I want to buy. And I no longer even have to go through a background check with my ccw (before new legislation).

klein

Für Meno :)
:grrr:We didn't have to wait anyway. It takes only a few minutes to run a background check. It takes me longer to decide which gun I want to buy. And I no longer even have to go through a background check with my ccw (before new legislation).

You must have felt totally unsafe without a gun on the cruise, I bet.
It's like a world in it's own without them.
Yet, everyone was safe... hmmmmm, how did that ever work ?

I think drunk drivers are much more dangerous than people with guns. And I think there are statistics to prove it.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
I think drunk drivers are much more dangerous than people with guns. And I think there are statistics to prove it.

5% of all deaths from diseases of the circulatory system are attributed to alcohol.

15% of all deaths from diseases of the respiratory system are attributed to alcohol.

30% of all deaths from accidents caused by fire and flames are attributed to alcohol.

30% of all accidental drownings are attributed to alcohol.

30% of all suicides are attributed to alcohol.

40% of all deaths due to accidental falls are attributed to alcohol.

45% of all deaths in automobile accidents are attributed to alcohol.

60% of all homicides are attributed to alcohol.

(Sources: NIDA Report, the Scientific American and Addiction Research Foundation of Ontario.) Also see Alcohol Consumption and Mortality, Alcohol poisoning deaths, CDC report, ----------------------------------------------------------------------

Over 100,000 people per year die due to alcohol...far more than die from firearms.

Its time for some "common sense" alcohol controls.

We need to implement background checks on the purchase of alcohol to insure that alcohol is not sold to alcoholics.

All persons who wish to purchase alcohol should first be required to get a license, get fingerprinted, pay for an ID card, and register all alcohol purchases with the BATF.

There needs to be a mandatory 3-day waiting period on the purchase of all alcoholic beverages, since 30% of all suicides are alcohol related. And there should be a one-bottle-per-month limit on all alcohol purchases, as well as a ban on any out-of-state sales of alcohol.

High-capacity 40-ounce "assault bottles" of alcohol have no "legitimate social drinking purpose" and need to be outlawed. Wine and beer should only be sold in 6-ounce cans or bottles instead of the high-capacity "cop killer" containers that cause so many deadly drunk driving accidents.

All bottles of alcohol should come with mandatory child-proof caps. Persons who wish to keep alcohol in their homes should be required to store it in a safe, subject to police inspection. Persons who wish to stockpile dangerous "arsenals" of alcohol in their homes should be required to maintain liability insurance for any damage their alcohol may cause. And all future alcohol containers should be equipped with biometric "smart-bottle" technology that will prevent consumption by underaged or unlicensed persons.

Posession or use of alcohol in public should be banned. All bars and taverns should be closed. Persons wishing to transport alcohol in their car should be required to lock it in a case in the trunk, seperate from any bottle-openers or glasses.

We as citizens need to stand up to the pro-alcohol lobby. We need to enact common-sense alcohol control NOW. Our rights to have alcohol come with responsibilities, and we must accept the fact that, as citizens, we need the govermnent to monitor and oversee our alcohol use because it knows what is best for us.

Its funny how many of the same people who will quote statisitcs in order to justify all sorts of ridiculous, worthless gun control laws...would turn around and have an absolute hissy fit if you even tried to implement similar regulations over a substance--alcohol---that kills far more people per year than guns do.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
Wow, you need a permit to carry something you are hiding. Hmm, dont have one, but do I have one? Thats what I want on my side. The mystery.

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
5% of all deaths from diseases of the circulatory system are attributed to alcohol.

15% of all deaths from diseases of the respiratory system are attributed to alcohol.

30% of all deaths from accidents caused by fire and flames are attributed to alcohol.

30% of all accidental drownings are attributed to alcohol.

30% of all suicides are attributed to alcohol.

40% of all deaths due to accidental falls are attributed to alcohol.

45% of all deaths in automobile accidents are attributed to alcohol.

60% of all homicides are attributed to alcohol.

(Sources: NIDA Report, the Scientific American and Addiction Research Foundation of Ontario.) Also see Alcohol Consumption and Mortality, Alcohol poisoning deaths, CDC report, ----------------------------------------------------------------------

Over 100,000 people per year die due to alcohol...far more than die from firearms.

Its time for some "common sense" alcohol controls.

We need to implement background checks on the purchase of alcohol to insure that alcohol is not sold to alcoholics.

All persons who wish to purchase alcohol should first be required to get a license, get fingerprinted, pay for an ID card, and register all alcohol purchases with the BATF.

There needs to be a mandatory 3-day waiting period on the purchase of all alcoholic beverages, since 30% of all suicides are alcohol related. And there should be a one-bottle-per-month limit on all alcohol purchases, as well as a ban on any out-of-state sales of alcohol.

High-capacity 40-ounce "assault bottles" of alcohol have no "legitimate social drinking purpose" and need to be outlawed. Wine and beer should only be sold in 6-ounce cans or bottles instead of the high-capacity "cop killer" containers that cause so many deadly drunk driving accidents.

All bottles of alcohol should come with mandatory child-proof caps. Persons who wish to keep alcohol in their homes should be required to store it in a safe, subject to police inspection. Persons who wish to stockpile dangerous "arsenals" of alcohol in their homes should be required to maintain liability insurance for any damage their alcohol may cause. And all future alcohol containers should be equipped with biometric "smart-bottle" technology that will prevent consumption by underaged or unlicensed persons.

Posession or use of alcohol in public should be banned. All bars and taverns should be closed. Persons wishing to transport alcohol in their car should be required to lock it in a case in the trunk, seperate from any bottle-openers or glasses.

We as citizens need to stand up to the pro-alcohol lobby. We need to enact common-sense alcohol control NOW. Our rights to have alcohol come with responsibilities, and we must accept the fact that, as citizens, we need the govermnent to monitor and oversee our alcohol use because it knows what is best for us.

Its funny how many of the same people who will quote statisitcs in order to justify all sorts of ridiculous, worthless gun control laws...would turn around and have an absolute hissy fit if you even tried to implement similar regulations over a substance--alcohol---that kills far more people per year than guns do.

Damn Sober, that sure is a lot of alcohol..............................:wink2: