Armed Forces Day

moreluck

golden ticket member
It is easy to take liberty for granted, when you have never had it taken from you. ~Author unknown, sometimes attributed to M. Grundler

This nation will remain the land of the free only so long as it is the home of the brave. ~Elmer Davis

I like to see a man proud of the place in which he lives. I like to see a man live so that his place will be proud of him. ~Abraham Lincoln

Freedom is never free. ~Author Unknown

ups1990

Our armed forces are made up of individuals who are dedicated to a nation full of undedicated individuals to a nation. My true one regret in life was not joining the military after high school. To serve ones country is a tremendous honor and sacrifice. Having family members currently serving state side and abroad, truly is first hand knowledge of what they go through not only as an individual but the sacrifice that there families make. Time away from your spouse and children is heartbreaking indeed for them. The 1940's were collectively the greatest generation but today, those in the military are currently our greatest generation.