Arrival scan, 36+ hrs later still no Depature scan...Is my item lost ?

[h=3]1Z42T3V30399021035[/h]
San Marcos, TX, United States
10/16/2012 12:58 A.M Arrival Scan

And that's the last update on the package. does this happen often when a package leaves a location and doesn't get a departure scan ?

The delivery date hasnt changed. Im just rather worried as just 3 weeks ago fedex delivered a $270 package of mine to the wrong adress, I was lucky to get it back

Thank you - Jeff

UPSGUY72

1Z42T3V30399021035

San Marcos, TX, United States 10/16/2012 12:58 A.M Arrival Scan

And that's the last update on the package. does this happen often when a package leaves a location and doesn't get a departure scan ?

The delivery date hasnt changed. Im just rather worried as just 3 weeks ago fedex delivered a $270 package of mine to the wrong adress, I was lucky to get it back

Thank you - Jeff

Your package is mostly likely in transit somewhere between Sam Marcos, TX and Redding, probably in a trailer on a train check back tomorrow and see if the tracking information has been updated. In a perfect world everything would be updated to the minute. The world and UPS isn't perfect...

UPSGUY72

So are packages not getting a departure scan before leaving a location a common thing ? and is something I shouldnt worry about ?

Your package isn't suppose to arrive until Friday? Stop worrying UPS handles 10 of millions of package each day and yes some don't get scanned at every location for one reason or another... Package are not stored inside ups buildings if it's sitting somewhere it's in a trailer.

Well thank you. The lady on the phone when I called the UPS 1800# before posting on the forum said "I cant really tell you just wait till friday and see" When I asked her if not getting a departure scan meant anything

sortaisle

Livin the cardboard dream
It happens rarely, but sometimes we can miss a scan on a package. It's a piss poor excuse for you I know, but when that happens, your package will ride on a train for 3 days or so and get scanned when it gets either reloaded into a trailer or if it's in a preload bound trailer, it'll get scanned when it leaves for delivery. I honestly hope it shows up for ya, but we have 5 business days to get it to ya so if doesn't reach ya in 120 hours then you can start a tracer. Unfortunately it's going to be hurry up and wait for you bud. Good luck.

ocnewguy

My bet is the loader was getting slammed, tried scanning and it didn't register and didn't have time to stop and key enter the tracking #. It happens unfortunately. I'm sure your package will still arrive on time.

Nimnim

The Nim
So are packages not getting a departure scan before leaving a location a common thing ? and is something I shouldnt worry about ?
There's a good chance that the package was put into the trailer shortly before it was leaving and as such they didn't wait for someone to scan it to the trailer.

It's not uncommon, but it doesn't happen to too many packages per load that they're put into the trailer as it's closing the door before it heads to the next location. Getting from point a to point b is more important than recording the movement between point a an point b.

gman042

Been around the block a few times
If the label is in poor condition and will not scan then it has to be key entered. If there was not time to enter the tracking number then there will not be any information in the system. OR the label could have become separated from the package....that can happen.

menotyou

bella amicizia
In Transit: On Time

• Business
    Day(s) Left

Change DeliveryRequest Status Updates

Scheduled Delivery:Friday, 10/19/2012, By End of DayLast Location:Arrived - San Marcos, TX, United States, Tuesday, 10/16/2012

Additional Information

Shipped/Billed On:10/15/2012Type:PackageWeight:11.00 lbs

Shipment Progress

LocationDateLocal TimeActivity
San Marcos, TX, United States10/16/201212:58 A.M.Arrival Scan
San Antonio, TX, United States10/16/201212:10 A.M.Departure Scan
San Antonio, TX, United States10/15/20125:14 P.M.Pickup Scan
10/15/20123:40 P.M.The shipment has been dropped off and is now at The UPS Store®.
United States10/15/20124:12 P.M.Order Processed: Ready for UPS
That's logistics!

bumped

Sometimes the labels get messed up (even as simple as bar codes getting messed up by tape). The loader is suppose to manually type in that number, but sometimes employees get lazy and just put it into the trailer without typing it in.