article 22.3

I have been an article 22 preload /air driver for 9 years. Due to cutbacks I have been forced to work the midnight /preload shifts monday thru thursday and then drive saturdays. I start monday night and finish friday mornings and then drive all day saturday. To me that's working six days. Is there anything in the contract pertaining to this?

JonFrum

Anything about working a sixth day would be in your regional Supplement.

When you say you start "Monday night", do you mean 12:01am Tuesday, or 12:01am Monday? In other words, have you already gotten your five days and forty hours before Saturday, so Saturday air driving is your sixth punch?

I start at 11:00 pm on monday night. However I am asking to work monday morning preload and I was told that I can not work monday thru friday because my original bid was tuesday thru saturday. I was told that if I continue to argue that I am working six days then they will start me at 12:01 am on tuesday. What I want is to work monday thru friday.

Billy

Those cutbacks in 22.3 have a lot of grievances filed over them. Come to think of it, so do the EAM guys. I'm sure it'll be the end of summer before they need to put you back...er I mean hear them.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
I start at 11:00 pm on monday night. However I am asking to work monday morning preload and I was told that I can not work monday thru friday because my original bid was tuesday thru saturday. I was told that if I continue to argue that I am working six days then they will start me at 12:01 am on tuesday. What I want is to work monday thru friday.

Sounds like a weak case.

I work Monday night through Saturday morning. By your premise, I should also be in for the 6 day theory. It doesn't work that way. You have 5 punches in a week.

bubsdad

"Hang in there!"
The problem is that your bid was tues thru sat. You still have to cover your sat work.

I don't understand why everything goes back to my original bid. My hours are no longer what I bid. My job is no longer what I bid. The company has changed both to fit their needs. In the meantime I the one getting screwed!!!!!

Red Dawn

if your working midnight and then eams..are you working 8 straight hours with no more than 1 hr lunch? if not are they still classifying you as combo, or laid off combo displacing two part timers. what region are you in?

I am actually no longer doing EAM's. I work the midnight loading and then the preload as a DA clerk and I get a 40 minute break between shifts. I do this monday night thru friday morning and then drive all day saturday. I am in local 676 and to be honest I think my BA sucks!!

Red Dawn

I am actually no longer doing EAM's. I work the midnight loading and then the preload as a DA clerk and I get a 40 minute break between shifts. I do this monday night thru friday morning and then drive all day saturday. I am in local 676 and to be honest I think my BA sucks!!
what days does you midnight shift work..can you work midnight preload m-friend..if your on preload why night work friday and make sat a 6th report?