Article 35 & "return to work"

Part time Preloader of 10 years. I was an idiot about a month ago and tested positive for alcohol, grieved it thru Article 35, went thru the ASAP treatment program and counseling classes. I'm curious to know from those who've previously gone thru this and it came time for the "return to work" process, what exactly does it consist of or what takes place. Thanks.

hellfire

no one considers UPS people."real" Teamsters.-BUG
After the test inline images of unknown origin will be common. Hi please find my resume.

542thruNthru

Obviously you dork, I'm just not sure why a preloader would need a breathalyzer test

Uh... that not what you asked. No need to get hostile you're making $125 bonus every week.

We've had plenty of preloaders tested after holidays. When you show up at 3 am and you were partying till 10 or 12 at night it's pretty obvious.

Matty_lawn

Poopin' on the clock
Uh... that not what you asked. No need to get hostile you're making $125 bonus every week.

We've had plenty of preloaders tested after holidays. When you show up at 3 am and you were partying till 10 or 12 at night it's pretty obvious.

Brotha I'm not hostile.

Not drinking before work seems like an easy concept, no?

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
Once you ask for help or take help you are owned by UPS you cannot drink you cannot use drugs you either want to work or you don't

Once you ask for help or take help you are owned by UPS you cannot drink you cannot use drugs you either want to work or you don't

Thanks for the insight. The whole process has been long and stressful/complicated just like anything thru UPS and this treatment program. So basically no alcohol even in my own free time outside of work for te full year that I signed away to allow random testing?

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Thanks for the insight. The whole process has been long and stressful/complicated just like anything thru UPS and this treatment program. So basically no alcohol even in my own free time outside of work for te full year that I signed away to allow random testing?

You are entering the program to get clean. If you are not serious about getting clean do everyone a favor and quit now.

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member

You almost lost your job if it wasn't for union protection.
Most employees would have been discharged immediately.
After going through this, I would think your mind would be about sobriety.
Getting drunk and going to work around heavy machinery could hurt you or your fellow employee.

I'm not going to judge you, we all make mistakes and learn from them, but I wouldn't drink on a "school night" ever again.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Part time Preloader of 10 years. I was an idiot about a month ago and tested positive for alcohol, grieved it thru Article 35, went thru the ASAP treatment program and counseling classes. I'm curious to know from those who've previously gone thru this and it came time for the "return to work" process, what exactly does it consist of or what takes place. Thanks.
You can't be buzzed on pre-load? How bombed were you?