Article 60 Holiday Question.. Not paid for July 4th

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
You have been a union steward for 26 years... and your having trouble with figuring out why you didn't get paid for the 4 of July. I'm glad you not my steward.

However good luck.....

Obviously you are an uneducated idiot.. Please Learn to spell and use proper grammar.. Oh wait, this site has spell check/grammar check.. maroon..

I have to admit when I read your a 26 year steward I thought the exact same thing thank god he's not mine.

CAFAL

So if I took an option 3 vacation day on the day before and day after a holiday i would not get paid for the 4th?

The fact that you 'called in',loses you your holiday pay. If it was 'scheduled',you would have been paid. They obviously coded you for the 'call in'. Don't think you have a case at all

steeltoe

I'm not sure what an option 3 vacation day is---I assume it is part of your optional week that you are allowed to use one day at a time. If both the day before and after are scheduled days off you would get paid for the holiday. The problem is you banged in on the 5th.

Sorry upstate, but in the southern supplement article 60 says the day before, or the day after. Therefore if he files, he will get paid.I have won the same type grievance before. The key word is "or". Our sups love to tell the uninformed that they have to be at work the day before, and the day after. It simply is not true. Proof is in the pudding.

superballs63

Well-Known Troll
Troll
....and further provided the employee must work the regular scheduled workdays which immediately precede and follow the holiday, except in cases of proven illness or unlezs the absence is mutually agreed to.

Atlantic Supplement. pages 201&202

david426

....and further provided the employee must work the regular scheduled workdays which immediately precede and follow the holiday, except in cases of proven illness or unlezs the absence is mutually agreed to.

Atlantic Supplement. pages 201&202
You idiots voted on that? Atlantic Supplement? Is this a joke? Wow!! Weak,, real weak.. Dumb and Dumber.. Glad I'm not part of that Supplement.. Is New York part of this supplement?? Please tell me no! Unbelievable!

Last edited:

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
You idiots voted on that? Atlantic Supplement? Is this a joke? Wow!! Weak,, real weak.. Dumb and Dumber.. Glad I'm not part of that Supplement.. Is New York part of this supplement?? Please tell me no! Unbelievable!
On the plus side, we don't have to deal with [-]slackers[/-] people working the system to turn a 1 day paid holiday into a 3 day vacation.

Johney

Before you start calling people idiots for voting on something YOU don't like,why don't you find out what they may have gained by giving up this meager supplement? Just sayin.

Our local (705) is either or and an FMLA is coded (I believe) 35 and counts the same as working the day in relation to being paid. File on that.