Article no. 52 success cases

DOK

When one is caught in a white lie as to why they didn't show up the previous day.

Like called off sick and was spotted out on the street somewhere?

Thought when you used a sick day it was your business why you were off.

PiedmontSteward

RTW-4-Less
When one is caught in a white lie as to why they didn't show up the previous day.

Its not a white lie if it costs you your employment.

We had a 20+ year driver's termination upheld at panel for "calling in sick" to go play in a golf tournament. Arbitratior upheld the termination for dishonesty. Not sure what his jacket looked like, but still something to keep in mind.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
Its not a white lie if it costs you your employment.

We had a 20+ year driver's termination upheld at panel for "calling in sick" to go play in a golf tournament. Arbitratior upheld the termination for dishonesty. Not sure what his jacket looked like, but still something to keep in mind.
Does your Region get "sick" days?

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
@haller

How about some details.

-Bug-

Seriously Bug? I'm sure you have seen a helluva lot more than I have, if you're any good at your job.

Just off the top of my head.....

Can't count how many RDR's were put back.

A bunch hiding packages in their p/u pieces.

A few signing customers names.

Some sheeting NI1 nowhere near the residence.

Same with business. Sheeting closed halfway across town.

A couple unreported accidents.

A couple series accidents. At least 1 vehicle towed from scene.

I could go on, but I'm sure you get the point.

MC4YOU2

Wherever I see Trump, it smells like he's Putin.
We never had a term for being caught in a lie about a sick day, but it was rare to get caught. Most were pretty careful, and had fairly clean files otherwise. Of the terms we had; unreported accident, time theft, unauthorized passenger (who also fell out and died!) etc., all were reinstated. We did have a few (DUI in the PC, unrelated drug charges) that were pressured into resigning.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Like called off sick and was spotted out on the street somewhere?

Thought when you used a sick day it was your business why you were off.

I called in "sick" one day and my on car, who was riding with the mall driver, saw me walking in to the movie theater.

We joked about it the next morning.

There was an employee at our local hospital who was fired after he had called in sick and then posted pictures of himself enjoying his day off at the beach on facebook.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

We never had a term for being caught in a lie about a sick day, but it was rare to get caught. Most were pretty careful, and had fairly clean files otherwise. Of the terms we had; unreported accident, time theft, unauthorized passenger (who also fell out and died!) etc., all were reinstated. We did have a few (DUI in the PC, unrelated drug charges) that were pressured into resigning.

We have had terminations for theft (misuse of COD money), theft of services ("borrowing" a peel off tracking label from a shipper to return a personal package) and falsification of records (recording a call tag nowhere near the address).

DOK

When you call in sick say "I'm using a sick day and won't be working today". No way to get caught in a lie with saying it that way.