Article: Re: UPS Driver dead in Work place shooting in MN

Signature Only

Blue in Brown
Re: UPS Driver dead in Work place shooting in MN

I recall many years ago, a driver from our center was shot & killed by a customer while making a delivery. It was before DIADs'. The customer wanted to sign with a crayon and the driver held out his pen and respectfully asked that he use it.

The customer very briefly went back into his home, returned with a gun and shot the driver. He had just enough time to raise his clipboard in front of his face before being killed.

My prayers to his family...May GOD be with you all.

smokey711

The Minnesota Teamsters Service Bureau is also facilitating a fund or the family. The press release is on the IBT, JC32, and Local 638 websites.

1080Driver

And as can be expected, absolutely no mention of the tragedy during our PCM's since & I know our center manager knows about it. Shame

slantnosechevy

Reminds me of an incident I walked in on 25 years ago. Two business men, one a jeweler and the other an insurance man were standing in the jewelers shop discussing some damage that occured to the insurance agents bldg. over the weekend. The insurance man said it was a tennent that lived above the jewelry store. I'm trying to get a signature when the argument escalates to friend* you and friend* you too. The jeweler says he's not responsible for his tennants actions when the insurance man throws his hot coffee in the jewelers' face. I knew the jeweler packs a piece and sure enough he pulls it and roosters it and points it at the insurance man. I was in the line of fire and realized he can't see too good so I'm thinking I'm going to get shot because of it. I ended up talking the guy down and the insurance guy leaves. No cops called by either one. The best part is the jeweler walks over and asks to sign the clipboard like nothing big just happened. When I told my center manager about it he said "yah.... that guys crazy" Nothing more said. I never even got a thank you from the insurance man, not that I wanted one. I was just glad no one got shot that day.

barnyard

KTM rider

speechless

[video=vimeo;59960284]http://vimeo.com/59960284[/video]

Last edited by a moderator:

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
Barnyard, thanks for posting that. Keith was well loved by his customers, he will be missed by all.

The_Brown_Hornet

Drivers like Keith are the reason UPS is the company it is. There are thousands of driver just like Keith. They are not forced or made to be good people they just are because that is what they are, They should be recognized and praised for the kindness and attenention they show their customers, but that is not why they do what they do. They do what they do because they are good people, you can't put that in someone and you damn sure can't take it away. Drivers like Keith will surely be missed.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
Amen to that Brown Hornet. You cannot make a person good, it is or isn't in their dna, and Im sure he is missed. I didn't know him, and I respect him.

Covemastah

Hoopah drives the boat Chief !!
What a nice thing to do for this kind guy!! I hope they put up a plaque of him inside his center ,,what a nice tribute and his family and friends could be proud of !! God Bless and rest in peace sir !!!

BSWALKS

Fugitive From Reality
I watched that tribute yesterday. I had tears rolling down my face & i was speechless really.
What an incredible person he must have been for them pay such a tribute to him. He was the kind of person many aspire to be. What a role model for his children.
Rest on peace.