Article: UPS driver crashes after deer jumps through window

cheryl

I started this.
Staff member
UPS driver crashes after deer jumps through window - Post Gazette

A deer leaped from a hillside this morning and crashed through the windshield of a UPS truck at Route 30 in Greensburg. As the animal thrashed about in the cab, the driver, identified as Justin Kubecki, lost control and crossed from the eastbound lanes to the westbound side. The truck rolled onto its side.

Mr. Kubecki, 29, of Greensburg, was disoriented but not seriously injured. He was taken by helicopter to a Pittsburgh hospital as a precaution. No one else was hurt.

Last edited:

Nimnim

The Nim
Re: UPS driver crashes after deer jumps through window

UPS driver crashes after deer jumps through window - Post Gazette

A deer leaped from a hillside this morning and crashed through the windshield of a UPS truck at Route 30 in Greensburg. As the animal thrashed about in the cab, the driver, identified as Justin Kubecki, lost control and crossed from the eastbound lanes to the westbound side. The truck rolled onto its side.

Tragic, I hope the driver is, mostly though not likely, ok.

I don't think it's possible to make a deerproof windshield without being way over the top.

browned out

This driver expected the unexpected. He had his filet knife with him in case a trout jumped thru his door. He had a large knife to process a deer if one jumped thru his window. He had his turkey fryer in case he ran one over. He even had a large shovel to dry to dig his way out of the bull ***** warning notice he would be receiving.