As Biden Takes Office, Democrat Leaders Are Suddenly Interested In Opening The Economy Again

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
To the surprise of no one, Democrat leaders reconsider keeping their states and cities closed down!
PS - Every time I see a photo of Chicago, Mayor Lightfoot, I think of the movie PSYCHO!

As Biden Takes Office, Democrat Leaders Are Suddenly Interested In Opening The Economy Again
Matt Walsh

One of my dad’s most common refrains, if ever he caught one of his children trying to deceive him, was “Don’t insult my intelligence.”
I can also relate as a citizen of this country. In this capacity, we are lied to all of the time, especially in recent months, and what makes the lies all the worse is how obvious, and thus insulting, they are.
Upon Joe Biden’s inauguration, suddenly we are beginning to see Democrat mayors and governors across the country — some of the biggest, most ardent proponents of lockdowns — now insist that we must begin to open up the economy as quickly as possible. They have switched course like this, with timing as convenient as this, and they apparently expect us not to notice

Lori Lightfoot, the mayor of Chicago, on Thursday called for bars and restaurants to be open at limited capacity “as soon as possible,” and said she would speak to Illinois governor JB Pritzker about the matter. The second round of shutdowns began in October as COVID-19 spread in the city and state.
Per Block Club Chicago, Mayor Lightfoot said she is “very, very focused” on getting bars and restaurants open, and pointed out that they can be operated more safely for patrons than the underground parties that have proliferated in shutdown. “If we have people and give them an outlet for entertainment … we have much more of an opportunity, in my view, to be able to regulate and control that environment,” Lightfoot said. “Let’s bring it out of the shadows. Let’s allow them to have some recreation in restaurants, in bars, where we can actually work with responsible owners and managers to regulate and protect people from COVID-19.
800.jpeg
1611271198889.png

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
Mayor Bowser opens up Washington, DC today with COVID cases double what they were on Election Day November 3, 2020.

DC Mayor Bowser confirms indoor bar and restaurant service to resume at 25% capacity starting Jan. 22

Washington, D.C., will roll back its COVID-19 restrictions on indoor dining beginning Friday, Jan. 22 at 5 a.m., allowing restaurants and bars to return to 25% capacity, or no more than 250 people.

The move will allow residents to take advantage of sit-down and takeout offerings during the city's Restaurant Week promotion, beginning Jan. 25.

The move is the latest pivot by a government official on COVID-19 restrictions after Chicago Mayor Lori Lightfoot urged during a press conference last week that restaurants and bars be allowed to open "as quickly as possible," citing concerns over private gatherings where COVID-19 protocols were not being followed.

1611276185822.png

Last edited:

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage

Cuomo Says New York Must Reopen Economy As COVID Cases Soar​

New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo took heat for comments he made on Twitter on Jan. 11 related to reopening of the economy.

"We simply cannot stay closed until the vaccine hits critical mass," Cuomo wrote. "The cost is too high. We will have nothing left to open. We must reopen the economy, but we must do it smartly and safely."

Critics accused Cuomo of delaying a push to reopen New York until after the results of the November presidential election.

Coronavirus cases in the state have continued to rise. New York currently has about 8,500 patients hospitalized with the coronavirus.

1611275906279.png