Asked to start before scheduled start time?

BUCN85

I read on another post that if they ask you to start before your scheduled start time it's 1x1/2 pay. Does this apply to if they call you in the am asking if you can come in early to run EAM's? Now I'm saying they ask where you can decline. They are not demanding.

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
Being FT, If you come in an hour early, you will start OT an hour earlier at the end of the shift.
You stay on your regular pay rate.

bottomups

Bad Moon Risen'
I read on another post that if they ask you to start before your scheduled start time it's 1x1/2 pay. Does this apply to if they call you in the am asking if you can come in early to run EAM's? Now I'm saying they ask where you can decline. They are not demanding.
Article 12 Section 2 of the CRT.
We get time and 1/2 in the Central States.

rod

Retired 22 years
Apparently just another example of how UPS/Teamsters operate differently all over the country. Some do-some don't. I bet the list would be a short one if someone posted all the things that UPS does the same way throughout the whole system.

bottomups

Bad Moon Risen'
I have used this contract language in the past. Had an 8hr requested day and was asked to deliver early AM parcels. Was paid at time and 1/2 for the first two hours worked and straight time for the balance of my day.

Turdferguson

Just a turd
That's not how it's worded in the central.
Section 2
Any employee may be required to report to work before his/her reg-
ular starting time and in such event, he/she shall be paid at the rate
of one and one-half (1 1/2) times his/her regular straight-time
hourly rate for all hours worked before his/her regular starting time
in addition to the employee’s regular guarantee.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
:oops: