Asking for irreg help, wussy or nothing wrong with it?

margaritaville

I have had a new driver in my area ask for irreg help like 4 times so far this month. I try to be nice to all drivers but i'm gonna start being snappy towards him when i talk to him. Every time i show up i expect it to be a huge hill and extremely heavy. But its a flat surface. Don't get my wrong the irreg is very heavy but i would of been able to easily get it to the door with a handcart or slowly by lifting it for 10 feet, set down, lift another 10 feet, etc.

My point is i have no problem if someone needs me to help with stops since that is between them and management. But asking for irreg help only negatively effects me. Since i have to drive out and waste 20min of my day. I would understand if it was a female driver or old guy but this guy is physically in shape and young.

So what's your opinion on irreg help, do you ever use it?

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

We once had a driver bring back a 71 lb package because mgt refused to send him help.

To your question----it is in the contract so you are obligated to comply; however, there is nothing saying that you can't tell him how you feel about it.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
What's wrong with backing up to the garage door and shoving it out the rear door? We don't leave the building without a hand truck, those work too. I go with "wussy".

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
I've helped and had to be one that's gotten help. Maybe ask him why he's always calling for help, is it a legitimate concern such as health or is he pissed at management. His demeanor might reveal what's going on instead of assuming it's "wussy"

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
As a woman, I say wussy. I've never asked anyone to come help me with a heavy package. Fourth floor of an apartment building with no elevator and a 150 box is understandable to ask for help, not flat ground.

ManInBrown

We have a driver who asks for help all the time. Has nothing to do with being a wussy. He's a "bullseye" driver and has no problem interfering in another drivers day. It's all about messing with mgmt in his eyes.

I wouldn't just assume this driver is a wuss. He might have ulterior motives

dookie stain

Cornfed whiteboy
If it's a big ass irreg and it's an apartment not on the first floor I tag the door and leave it downstairs...yea buddy lemme carry your 149 pound mattress up three flights of stairs...kick
Rocks

LeadBelly

Banned
I have had a new driver in my area ask for irreg help like 4 times so far this month. I try to be nice to all drivers but i'm gonna start being snappy towards him when i talk to him. Every time i show up i expect it to be a huge hill and extremely heavy. But its a flat surface. Don't get my wrong the irreg is very heavy but i would of been able to easily get it to the door with a handcart or slowly by lifting it for 10 feet, set down, lift another 10 feet, etc.

My point is i have no problem if someone needs me to help with stops since that is between them and management. But asking for irreg help only negatively effects me. Since i have to drive out and waste 20min of my day. I would understand if it was a female driver or old guy but this guy is physically in shape and young.

So what's your opinion on irreg help, do you ever use it?
You only get one body. Some lift over 70's and some follow the contract. As you get older you might appreciate your contractual rights.