Assisted Suicide

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I am watching the season premiere of "The Carmichael Show" which is dealing (in a comedic way) with assisted suicide. The grandmother has Alzheimer's and has been saving her pills in order to kill herself with her son and grandsons present.

What are your thoughts regarding assisted suicide?

Poop Head

Judge me.
I am watching the season premiere of "The Carmichael Show" which is dealing (in a comedic way) with assisted suicide. The grandmother has Alzheimer's and has been saving her pills in order to kill herself with her son and grandsons present.

That's effed up

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
On the fence about it. I'm watching my grandma slowly deteriorate from Alzheimers and she had expressed her desire to undergo a thing like that before it really started to get bad. It's difficult to watch her forget every little thing. But at the same time morally it makes me really uncomfortable.

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member

I had to invoke my step-father's living will.

That was enough for me.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
On the fence about it. I'm watching my grandma slowly deteriorate from Alzheimers and she had expressed her desire to undergo a thing like that before it really started to get bad. It's difficult to watch her forget every little thing. But at the same time morally it makes me really uncomfortable.
What's so morally wrong about it? We consider it wrong to not put a dying animal out of its misery but expect humans to be miserable as long as we can keep them alive.

KOG72

I’m full of it
IMG_5400.JPG
Too bad this guy has past away he could've helped.