At fault. Preventable.

bbsam

Staff member
Did you know that there is a difference? ISP's anybody getting hit with odd "preventable" accidents even though your driver was not "at fault"?

Oldfart

Big difference at Express. Just because you didnt get the ticket, it can still be a preventable. Did you do everything possible to prevent the accident. 5 keys of defensive driving.

It will be fine

Did you know that there is a difference? ISP's anybody getting hit with odd "preventable" accidents even though your driver was not "at fault"?
What old fart said. You have to argue that your driver was fully in control of the situation and did everything possible to prevent an accident. I've had the other party admit fault, get a ticket and still had to fight with Saftey to not be charged.

bacha29

What old fart said. You have to argue that your driver was fully in control of the situation and did everything possible to prevent an accident. I've had the other party admit fault, get a ticket and still had to fight with Saftey to not be charged.
Perhaps what I said to the safety manager years ago might still be relevant today. " Your company divested itself of every workplace health and safety related liability as it pertains to this endeavor yet you're standing here barking at us about safety. How hypocritical can you get"? His answer......"I can't argue that point".........He retired a few months later.

Oldfart

Know someone who was rear ended at a traffic light, she was hit with a preventable.
You might want to include the rest of the story. Something else was involved. Being rear-ended while sitting at a traffic light while properly spaced from the intersection or the vehicle in front of you most likely will not result in a preventable. What happens behind you is one place that you are basically defenseless. Sounds like the lady did something wrong and didn't fully disclose the details to you.

Oldfart

Perhaps what I said to the safety manager years ago might still be relevant today. " Your company divested itself of every workplace health and safety related liability as it pertains to this endeavor yet you're standing here barking at us about safety. How hypocritical can you get"? His answer......"I can't argue that point".........He retired a few months later.
ANYONE that had to work with or near you has to be looking for a way out. Your glass is ALWAYS empty attitude would force others to scatter and clear any room you walk in.

bacha29

ANYONE that had to work with or near you has to be looking for a way out. Your glass is ALWAYS empty attitude would force others to scatter and clear any room you walk in.
Wrong. What I did was something you never that the spine to do. Stand up to that company expose it's hypocrisy contradictions and double standards and make them eat them. You ought to try it some time. It'll be a whole new life experience for you.

Oldfart

Wrong. What I did was something you never that the spine to do. Stand up to that company expose it's hypocrisy contradictions and double standards and make them eat them. You ought to try it some time. It'll be a whole new life experience for you.

You are constantly bragging about telling Directors, SM and others in authority about how to do their job. Some might call you a loud mouth punk. Why didnt you get into management since you seem to know everything.

bacha29

You might want to include the rest of the story. Something else was involved. Being rear-ended while sitting at a traffic light while properly spaced from the intersection or the vehicle in front of you most likely will not result in a preventable. What happens behind you is one place that you are basically defenseless. Sounds like the lady did something wrong and didn't fully disclose the details to you.
The above post is what I'm talking about. Right away you run to the defense of that company. Casting a veil of doubt and suspicion on a woman you don't even know accusing her of withholding information relevant to the incident . Just what evidence do you have to offer to back that accusation? There have been countless numbers of posts on this thread and this site as a whole regarding the company's complete lack of candor and consistency when it comes to the development, interpretation and application of it's policies whether it's employee, contractor or contractor employee. When I bounced them about that their answer was "Well, it's subjective". Ok. you tell me, what's the take away from that? Doesn't an employee or contractor or contractor employee deserve a better answer than that? What conclusion or understanding is he or she to derive from that statement? Instead of your usual personal attacks let 's hear some genuine insight from you given your decades of service to that company.

bbsam

Staff member
Big difference at Express. Just because you didnt get the ticket, it can still be a preventable. Did you do everything possible to prevent the accident. 5 keys of defensive driving.
Driver was at stop light. Moved up two feet to check traffic coming from right. Stopped. Car from behind tapped her bumper.

bbsam

Staff member
This is new here. Almost feels like it's about the money grab now and has nothing to do with safety.

Oldfart

The above post is what I'm talking about. Right away you run to the defense of that company. Casting a veil of doubt and suspicion on a woman you don't even know accusing her of withholding information relevant to the incident . Just what evidence do you have to offer to back that accusation? There have been countless numbers of posts on this thread and this site as a whole regarding the company's complete lack of candor and consistency when it comes to the development, interpretation and application of it's policies whether it's employee, contractor or contractor employee. When I bounced them about that their answer was "Well, it's subjective". Ok. you tell me, what's the take away from that? Doesn't an employee or contractor or contractor employee deserve a better answer than that? What conclusion or understanding is he or she to derive from that statement? Instead of your usual personal attacks let 's hear some genuine insight from you given your decades of service to that company.
Most of your posts comes from hatred and bitterness. Mine come from personal experience. Years ago I went thru some classes and was trained to tutor new drivers before they went to courier class and defensive driving class. Part of that job entailed reviewing various accidents and giving input on how the accident was ruled. Granted, that was a LONG time ago but I can't recall 1 accident where a courier was sitting still at a traffic light with proper spacing from the vehicle in front or the stop line at the intersection and was hit from behind and charged with a preventable. You constantly rant and bitch because of your bitter attitude and you always look at the negatives in life. I was trained and reviewed these accidents and saw first hand how the review process went. Some things have changed since I did that job but in my opinion, there is more to the story than we are being told.

Oldfart

Driver was at stop light. Moved up two feet to check traffic coming from right. Stopped. Car from behind tapped her bumper.
If you are at a stop light, why does traffic coming from the right require you to pull forward? If she were turning right, I would be checking traffic coming from my left. L R. L

whenIgetthere

She was waiting at a red light, car rear ended her, she did not hit the vehicle in front of her. Suggested she GFT, she chose not to. End of story.

It will be fine

This is new here. Almost feels like it's about the money grab now and has nothing to do with safety.
That's always what it's been about. They use any excuse not to pay the incentives. I've shown them the gps info from drivers getting to a pickup stop 5 mins before the window closes and they still charge me for a late pickup because he didn't get a scan in time. They say we should call to get the window opened. They are not an honest organization.

bacha29

Most of your posts comes from hatred and bitterness. Mine come from personal experience. Years ago I went thru some classes and was trained to tutor new drivers before they went to courier class and defensive driving class. Part of that job entailed reviewing various accidents and giving input on how the accident was ruled. Granted, that was a LONG time ago but I can't recall 1 accident where a courier was sitting still at a traffic light with proper spacing from the vehicle in front or the stop line at the intersection and was hit from behind and charged with a preventable. You constantly rant and bitch because of your bitter attitude and you always look at the negatives in life. I was trained and reviewed these accidents and saw first hand how the review process went. Some things have changed since I did that job but in my opinion, there is more to the story than we are being told.
Oh now you're trying to skirt the real issue and that is your beloved company's lack of candor and specificity when it comes to the development interpretation and application of it's policies including as they pertain to vehicle accidents. The fact that years ago you taught a driver safety class means nothing especially if you as the instructor was not accredited . The issue as people are pointing out here is your company's application of it's policies are all over the map. As IWBF pointed out when it comes to contractor settlements your perfect little company will try to beat you anyway they can policy be damned. If you want to continue to close you eyes to the suspect and dubious business practices of your perfect little company be my guest but the rest of us will continue to confront and when the opportunity arises continue to challenge it's business and labor practices which are not one bit more ethical than an anyone else's.