Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
....does UPS say "uncle"?

When will this company tell the truth; that we can't maintain an infrastructure, fleet, and the staffing necessary to accommodate the ever increasing influx of volume for essentially 2 months of the year?

How much longer will the Union allow a bunch of pencil neck, keyboard punchers to mortgage our health, safety, and "most important stop", in order to satisfy the unrealistic expectations of our shippers and their customers?

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.

When will this company tell the truth; that we can't maintain an infrastructure, fleet, and the staffing necessary to accommodate the ever increasing influx of volume for essentially 2 months of the year?

How much longer will the Union allow a bunch of pencil neck, keyboard punchers to mortgage our health, safety, and "most important stop", in order to satisfy the unrealistic expectations of our shippers and their customers?
Well we can. People just have to pay more for their shipping ;)

sailfish

Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone

I've been saying this for years. Doesn't help that so many companies are willing to bend over backwards to try and please the entitled general public even when what they need to be told is to friend* off.

PASinterference

Yes, I know I'm working late.
...or get their packages later, when we can "reasonably" deliver them.

Why not have a volume level trigger an end to our service commitments for ground packages?
Exactly. Nobody would walk into McDonalds and order 2000 Big Macs and throw a fit because they had to wait over 2 minutes, but UPS has no limit on pickups. It's like we only want the revenue from the pickup and to hell with delivering it.

Dragon

Package Center Manager
Exactly. Nobody would walk into McDonalds and order 2000 Big Macs and throw a fit because they had to wait over 2 minutes, but UPS has no limit on pickups. It's like we only want the revenue from the pickup and to hell with delivering it.

hmmm you do know that is how we make money right..pick up pieces. I believe we would be in a better position if we did not the run the business like it was peak everyday of the year..same long hours with far less people during the other 10 months.

Dracula

Package Car is cake compared to this...

It is truly amazing how management gets surprised by this every year. Abney should have clawbacks in his salary for have incompetence.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
admitting defeat would be weak, nobody respects weakness
Nobody respects hypocrisy either, from a Company that screams and yells about safety 10 months out of the year, only to turn a complete blind eye to it for two+ months, in the name of ungodly profits.

It's easy to be a "tough guy" from behind the insulation of your cinder block walls and presswood/formica desk, but it is far different from my 32 year vantage point in the real trenches.

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
I don't think we have any guarantees for ground between thanksgiving and Xmas.

Nope.

Holiday season service guarantees: UPS Air and international Air packages* picked up or delivered within the United States are guaranteed throughout the holiday season. Commitment times for Air and international Air packages scheduled for delivery Nov. 24 and Dec. 18 - Dec. 23 will be extended as follows: UPS Next Day Air Early and UPS Worldwide Express Plus services will be extended by 90 minutes and all other Air and international Air services will be extended to end-of-day. The guarantee is suspended for all UPS Ground shipments, including shipments to and from Alaska, Hawaii and Puerto Rico, and UPS Standard shipments picked up or scheduled for delivery between Nov. 27 - Dec. 24. Visit ups.com for the UPS Tariff/Terms and Conditions. Service guarantees are subject to change.

Returntosender

7B24DA10-CC25-43F5-952A-559C8D40293F.jpeg