Atlanta Hub Walkout

McFeely

Huge Member
Yeah. By the time they arrive I’m loading trucks and listening to my workmate talk about nonsense.

Oh you have one of those too?

Attachments

• 33311DE9-134B-4580-A7C4-89789E237DA3.jpeg
    33311DE9-134B-4580-A7C4-89789E237DA3.jpeg
    74.5 KB · Views: 63

FedUpRTD

AFWH employees got a $3/hr bump, while DFWH employees got zilch.
Wonder if it had anything to do with the walkout….
Lots and lots of DFW employees are mad about this! I am one of those who didn’t get the $3. We keep asking about it, but we get nothing but the runaround. Our Director and VP haven’t said a word about it. We have a skip level with the Director later this week….it should be interesting.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Lots and lots of DFW employees are mad about this! I am one of those who didn’t get the $3. We keep asking about it, but we get nothing but the runaround. Our Director and VP haven’t said a word about it. We have a skip level with the Director later this week….it should be interesting.
Walk out mid sort
That’ll show em you mean business

Aquaman

We keep getting the same song and dance about the $3 retention pay too. “We applied for it, just haven’t heard anything”, “good news is coming”, “something is about to be announced”. You know the typical stall tactics they teach managers in training lol. Meanwhile weeks and weeks pass with all the stations around us making more money...

zeev

You get what you demand ,the companies job is to pay as little as possible a unions job is to squeeze more out of management,a learning experience for Express employees caught between fast forward food wages of Ground and the union wages of UPS.

FedUpRTD

We keep getting the same song and dance about the $3 retention pay too. “We applied for it, just haven’t heard anything”, “good news is coming”, “something is about to be announced”. You know the typical stall tactics they teach managers in training lol. Meanwhile weeks and weeks pass with all the stations around us making more money...
Ha Ha! We have been fed those very same lines! They must be following a script or something. We also hear “it’s above my pay grade“ quite often. With most of us RTD’s working 60 hour weeks ever since this RESPONSE program started, the money that we are missing out on is starting to add up. They did pay back pay to all of the AFW RTD’s who initially didn’t get the $3. The rest of us were left out in the cold. The insulting part is that all of our RTD’s are under the same Managers/Sr. Manager and they pretty much refuse to talk about it anymore.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
The insulting part is that all of our RTD’s are under the same Managers/Sr. Manager and they pretty much refuse to talk about it anymore.
They know they're backed into a corner and then they take the cowards way out.

Pathetic management at its' finest.

Aquaman

Ha Ha! We have been fed those very same lines! They must be following a script or something. We also hear “it’s above my pay grade“ quite often. With most of us RTD’s working 60 hour weeks ever since this RESPONSE program started, the money that we are missing out on is starting to add up. They did pay back pay to all of the AFW RTD’s who initially didn’t get the $3. The rest of us were left out in the cold. The insulting part is that all of our RTD’s are under the same Managers/Sr. Manager and they pretty much refuse to talk about it anymore.
Yep. Not the best idea to not implement it company wide. But that’s express for you. If they can get away with bare minimum they will. We have been struggling just as much if not more than the stations that got the $3/hr. And now it’s cost us all anywhere from $5,000-$10,000... but they don’t care so what can you do.

It will be fine

Yep. Not the best idea to not implement it company wide. But that’s express for you. If they can get away with bare minimum they will. We have been struggling just as much if not more than the stations that got the $3/hr. And now it’s cost us all anywhere from $5,000-$10,000... but they don’t care so what can you do.
Perhaps they aren’t getting any better results with the $3.

Aquaman

The expectation was retention, not improved productivity. Eliminating performance bonuses was counterproductive, but then who ever believed that management was intelligent?
Management at express is a joke. What company calls you a “manager” when your work group leaves the building and is managed by dispatchers all day. You get to handle sick calls and read emails. It’s a joke and it’s probably the weakest most meaningless position in the company. I can go months without speaking to my manager and nothing falls apart. They’re basically paid to come out in the warehouse and watch me load my trailer.

falcon back

Management at express is a joke. What company calls you a “manager” when your work group leaves the building and is managed by dispatchers all day. You get to handle sick calls and read emails. It’s a joke and it’s probably the weakest most meaningless position in the company. I can go months without speaking to my manager and nothing falls apart. They’re basically paid to come out in the warehouse and watch me load my trailer.
So a simple minded person like yourself LIKES and NEEDS to be micro managed. That figures. You need all the direction you can get. I always considered the best part of the job is no manager looking over my shoulder and being on my own all day listening to Sirius radio in my van. Maybe being a RTD isnt the job for you. Warehouse or office work might get you the attention and leadership you desire.

It will be fine

The expectation was retention, not improved productivity. Eliminating performance bonuses was counterproductive, but then who ever believed that management was intelligent?
I didn’t say anything about productivity. If their goal was to improve retention and the extra $3 didn’t do that would you expect them to expand the offering?

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
I didn’t say anything about productivity. If their goal was to improve retention and the extra $3 didn’t do that would you expect them to expand the offering?
FedEx has a policy called Guaranteed Fair Treatment, which prohibits different treatment for one person over another. Both AFW and DFW are in the same market (only 20 miles apart), so increasing pay at one and not the other was unfair discrimination. Do you play favorites with your employees, or experiment with their compensation?

It will be fine

FedEx has a policy called Guaranteed Fair Treatment, which prohibits different treatment for one person over another. Both AFW and DFW are in the same market (only 20 miles apart), so increasing pay at one and not the other was unfair discrimination. Do you play favorites with your employees, or experiment with their compensation?
Lol. That’s not discrimination. Do you always cry victim?

It will be fine

What is definition of discrimination?
1 : the practice of unfairly treating a person or group differently from other people or groups of people.

Maybe you need to buy a dictionary.
Paying people that work at different locations different wages isn’t unfair. Where are you getting lost? How many times do you want to be wrong in one thread?