Atlantic Area Contract Knowledge T-S Drivers

Tomtom

Forced work every Monday in our center for all Tues-Saturday drivers. Is this acceptable? We are given 48 hours notice, FYI.

Can you point me to the language in the contract? I thought it went from the bottom up, but now everyone has to come in.

I thought it was based on needing employees, call outs, etc

Do we still have to work Saturday?
Thx

MECH-lift

Union Brother ✊🧔 RPCD
E00977D4-CCE3-4AE7-A549-C05CDA91222F.gif

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Forced work every Monday in our center for all Tues-Saturday drivers. Is this acceptable? We are given 48 hours notice, FYI.

Can you point me to the language in the contract? I thought it went from the bottom up, but now everyone has to come in.

I thought it was based on needing employees, call outs, etc

Do we still have to work Saturday?
Thx
Yes. Get used to it.

GenericUsername

If it were me and I were in your position, I'd just go in Monday and lay down the whole day. And do it every day that week until Friday comes and you don't have the DOT hours. Whoopsie, my bad! Cya Tuesday!

Benben

Working on a new degree, Masters in BS Detecting!
Your schedule has to be posted. What does it say? If you are scheduled off on Monday and they say otherwise point to the schedule and ask, "what does that say?" If the schedule has you listed as working 6 days grab a steward and ask, "WTF?"

You are going to have to man-up at some point and stop being a punching bag!

Brown287

Im not the Mail Man!
This came up last year when we first started Saturday operation.....basically they can schedule you. Out here we are only entitled to a 24hour heads up so two days is a blessing. Come in and demand 8 hours. It’s bs like that that makes you question what union protection really means.