Attack on 22.3 Jobs (2007? 2012)

UnconTROLLed

perfection
This thread is for the sole purpose, to remind UPS regions? and districts, that you once capped 22.3 employees at 40 hours per week. Not one tick more. '

What happened?

Thank you.

:)

km3

This thread is for the sole purpose, to remind UPS regions? and districts, that you once capped 22.3 employees at 40 hours per week. Not one tick more. '

What happened?

Thank you.

:)

They can't get PTers to stay more than a week, so they have to make use of the people they have (and aren't going anywhere).

UnconTROLLed

perfection
BrownMonk post: 3249342 said:
I don't remember anywhere in the Contract that states that.
I agree. All I have been reading of is driver 70/8 but inside sorts are running straight through.
They want 6 days days if not 7 and 60+ hr weeks. My how the tides turn.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
I have been thinking back to this as well. Haven't been sent home at 8hrs in 3 years.
It is extremely hard to find an 8 hour/ out 22.3 job, without a seniority date prior to 1993. and I refuse to go back to a 3rd shift. The sole exception are 22.3 air combo jobs, only in certain instances -but they are 2am start, less but still unhealthy early. This is not talking about "peak" per se but peak is a great example...I could work 100 hours/ week right now, but I guess that is not unheard of in past years..

Last edited:

TearsInRain

IE boogeyman
It is extremely hard to find an 8 hour/ out 22.3 job, without a seniority date prior to 1993. and I refuse to go back to a 3rd shift. The sole exception are 22.3 air combo jobs, only in certain instances -but they are 2am start, less but still unhealthy early. This is not talking about "peak" per se but peak is a great example...I could work 100 hours/ week right now, but I guess that is not unheard of in past years..
it all depends on your area, in mine we've created a few 22.3 positions this year, usually out of accommodation for someone's circumstances

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

it all depends on your area, in mine we've created a few 22.3 positions this year, usually out of accommodation for someone's circumstances

We had a female driver who had a bad habit of hitting things-----three Tier 3's within 12 months-----she was a long time employee so the union and company worked together to create an inside/inside 22.3 just for her that no one else could bid on until she either retired, vacated or bid another job, which she just did (customer counter).

Future

Victory Ride
We had a female driver who had a bad habit of hitting things-----three Tier 3's within 12 months-----she was a long time employee so the union and company worked together to create an inside/inside 22.3 just for her that no one else could bid on until she either retired, vacated or bid another job, which she just did (customer counter).
Similiar situation occurred years ago here .... driver had a injury/surgery....I forgot the exact injury but they created a inside job for him