Attacked and bit by large dog today

NHDRVR

I hope you will be alright.

Yes, you can sue the homeowner. I know of 2 drivers who have done it and collected renumeration. I know the bottom line here isn't collecting anything but for crissakes that dog is friggin' dangerous.

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
Thanks for asking.

No real update. I contacted one lawyer and we played phone tag. I have been taking pictures daily of the progress of the injury. Not sure I want to go through with a lawsuit but these scars left behind really get under my skin (no pun intended there!) . Leg feels pretty good at least, just a little bit of pain.
I say you should just get the homeowners insurance and go after them. No out of pocket for you, aside from what may have been spent before making contact. Sleeve, don't let this blow over. You may actually be saving a life.

chopstic

To be honest, I wouldn't do anything. Dogs are dogs. I got biten delivering for UPS... thru some alcohol on it from the first aid kit, bandage, and moved on. By end of day, my leg was pretty much black and blue all around the bitemarks, but oh well. Crap happens.

That owner responded just like yours. Oh he bit you ? (and nothing else, no sorry, or punishment for the dog).
Something we just need to be more alert of. And many times when I seen barking dogs in the yard, you bet, I would just DR the package, by throwing it over the fence, closest to the door I could throw it .

One good tip though, I always carried dog bisquits with me. Give them 1 or 2 and see how they react, and how they feed. Easy way to figure out if they are friendly enough to get inside.
Had many dogs on my route in time, that just wiggled their tails when they seen my truck arriving, knowing I got Goodies onboard for them.

yea sure.. throw some alcohol on it and see if it cures the rabies that follow.... Cuz we all know alcohol is the ultimate cure.... right?

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I say you should just get the homeowners insurance and go after them. No out of pocket for you, aside from what may have been spent before making contact. Sleeve, don't let this blow over. You may actually be saving a life.

Steve has a good point. I would start with sending a certified letter to the homeowner in which you describe what happened, your resulting injuries and what you intend to do to remedy the situation. You may be able to find a sample letter online. My only concern is whether you may have let too much time elapse before taking action.

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
Steve has a good point. I would start with sending a certified letter to the homeowner in which you describe what happened, your resulting injuries and what you intend to do to remedy the situation. You may be able to find a sample letter online. My only concern is whether you may have let too much time elapse before taking action.
i don't think he has. Remember to keep all of your treatment/injury documents.