Attempting to qualify

8rogan

I'm finally attempting to qualify, I'm worried I wont make scratch. I'm on day 16 and I made good times almost every day, except I drove back to the building during my lunch. The center manager hasn't talked to me during the 16 days, but this morning he said I need to stop driving during my lunch and I am to punch out and sit in a parking lot. Other than that nobody has talked to me about my numbers or anything. worried I wont be able to scratch while being forced to sit in a parking lot for a half hour, maybe I will get lucky and all of my good days will count even though I drove during the lunches.

RTCD

Please don’t ever do that again; that’s dishonest and can dq you on the spot. Use your lunch break to sort the truck and plan your day while you qualify.

BigBrown87

If it’s brown, it’s going down
most of your time will be lost looking for packages in the back keep the truck organized and in pal order. If no one has said anything to you about your numbers chances are you are doing fine. If your that worried talk to other drivers that have done that route and ask for tips to make things easier to run scratch.

trickpony1

Prepare a healthy lunch (sandwiches and sports drink) at home to take to work.
After your morning commits find a safe place to park and punch meal.
While eating, sort your truck, collect your thoughts and prepare for the rest of the day.
I did it many years ago, everybody does it....it's not a secret.

DO NOT falsify your time card. That's a real quick way to get DQed or fired.

Air Recovery

Only work your lunch on your 30. I used to take the entire hour after my early am and my business to resort my entire truck and catalog every irreg on the floor because my loader was a lazy piece of :censored2:.

Your hour isnt counted against your overallowed so use it and use it to sort.

Never ever do this once you make your 30

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
I'm finally attempting to qualify, I'm worried I wont make scratch. I'm on day 16 and I made good times almost every day, except I drove back to the building during my lunch. The center manager hasn't talked to me during the 16 days, but this morning he said I need to stop driving during my lunch and I am to punch out and sit in a parking lot. Other than that nobody has talked to me about my numbers or anything. worried I wont be able to scratch while being forced to sit in a parking lot for a half hour, maybe I will get lucky and all of my good days will count even though I drove during the lunches.

If you get breaks, use your break time to drive back to the building rather than your lunch. Although this would only help if you were taking your breaks to begin with.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
Never have the package car moving if you are clocked out for lunch or break. Like others posted, you can sort during lunch, find a shade tree and park under it. You do lose most of your time in back of the package car looking for boxes. Get some empty space on one of your front shelves and set up your next sections. If your are looking at the same labels over and over you aren’t organized. Once you get the job, take a proper hour lunch every day.

Fido

Don’t worry he’s friendly
Not smart. Back when I was qualifying I had to take an hour lunch regardless. I didn’t like sitting for 60 minutes so I just split it up into two 30 minutes. One to actually eat, the other was before pickup start so I could resort the truck.

8rogan

On day 18 they said my numbers weren't looking good and if it was my last day i would be back on the Preload. my last 10 days average was .12 over the days after that were .20 and -32. would I really be disqualified for being 6 minutes over scratch. seems slightly ridiculous or is that just a scare tactic.

Brown Biscuit

Blind every day
On day 18 they said my numbers weren't looking good and if it was my last day i would be back on the Preload. my last 10 days average was .12 over the days after that were .20 and -32. would I really be disqualified for being 6 minutes over scratch. seems slightly ridiculous or is that just a scare tactic.
They can literally DQ you for anything that they want to when you’re qualifying...they say jump you say how high, master? Try talking to your steward and finding something to grieve.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS

lol
Depends on what kind of employee you are