Attendance Issues

Stran

Holy Toledo
In my area the past practice has been 2 or more days off consecutively count as 1 attendance infraction. 6 infractions in any 6 month period result in a warning letter. Just curious if this practice is used anywhere else. This issue is about to become huge here because of all the call offs and the under manned centers. Thanks for your feedback!!!

grgrcr88

No It's not green grocer!
2 days in a row for the same issue is always considered 1 occurrence. But as everyone else says, come to work. No issue!!

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
While I agree with the above posters, they did not address your question.

We have the same policy here. You call in for what ever reason on monday, you go back tuesday, then call in again wednesday, that is two occasions.

But if you call in monday, call in tuesday, and then call in wednesday, it counts as only one.

But, I must warn you as a former steward, dont play games with attendance. I have seen where the employees attendance background was the deciding factor whether or not the company would allow the employee back for some other serious infraction.

d

menotyou

bella amicizia
Here, if you are one minute late to preload, write-up. Second occurance, Art. 7. You still get to come to work and get written up for one missload out of 2000 packages.
Drivers- no write-up for being late as long as you call.
Metro- no write-ups.

themidge

Here, if you are one minute late to preload, write-up. Second occurance, Art. 7. You still get to come to work and get written up for one missload out of 2000 packages.
Drivers- no write-up for being late as long as you call.
Metro- no write-ups.

Wow that sucks, I discovered UPS time here is advanced about three minutes over everyone elses clock because everyday everyone clocks on the dot or late.

menotyou

bella amicizia
Wow that sucks, I discovered UPS time here is advanced about three minutes over everyone elses clock because everyday everyone clocks on the dot or late.
I used that in a rebuttal for one of my co-workers. Now, they go by microsoft (the computer clock) time. They clock in on the computer. Not on that shift anymore, thank God.

Notcool

Wow! You guys would not believe the hub I work at. I am a ptimer on reload and people don't show up to work all the time and nothing is ever done no write ups at all. Many days were short two or three loaders. I have never worked at a job where I can call in any time I don't feel like loading. I don't do it as much as others. They are scared to fire any of the loaders I have been there five years and am the lowest seniority loader. No new hires ever stay.

1timepu

In my area the past practice has been 2 or more days off consecutively count as 1 attendance infraction. 6 infractions in any 6 month period result in a warning letter. Just curious if this practice is used anywhere else. This issue is about to become huge here because of all the call offs and the under manned centers. Thanks for your feedback!!!

Everybody has a smart phone just record everything between you and management, also are you entitled to those day's(paid), If so they cant touch you but you can fire back with Harassment and bullying grievance, and there are state labor law's against this, Also in my Local there have been people late over 100 times a year and people who are out over 15 day's and nothing, so have the union check around the country to see what the approach is towards attendance, my biggest complaint against the company is it does not treat everybody the same when it comes to punishment if any, and this is the only area where the company should treat everybody the same!

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
Also in my Local there have been people late over 100 times a year and people who are out over 15 day's and nothing
And you are proud of this .........why?

Here, you would be gone by the first month for being late that many times.

Let me ask you a question. IF you had a business that relied on workers to be there at a certain time, would that be acceptable for you?

d

packageguy

If you have an attendance problem, union won't fight, you must
come to work period. If there are family or other issues just come
forth. Maybe take a leave for a week or two.
But you must come to work, and on time.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
my biggest complaint against the company is it does not treat everybody the same when it comes to punishment if any, and this is the only area where the company should treat everybody the same!

I agree on this, I see it way too often. We have a driver in my Center with two or three no call/no shows during this last Peak. She should have been fired, there is no excuse for not picking up the phone and calling in. She should be fired, she does a lousy job too and pawns work off on other drivers. If you don't want the job, let somebody have it who does. I notice the Twilight Sort Manager stands at the entrance door and wonders if he will have enough workers show up for his shift, this is ridiculous. I guess I was raised a different way, I have only called in sick four times in 35 years.