Attendance Policy

SLW

Atlantic Region.

Inspired by another post on here and something I always wondered about. I've read the contract and supplement and don't recall anything about tardiness or absenteeism. Seems unusual. What's to keep drivers from calling out or being late every day?

rod

Retired 22 years
Atlantic Region.

Inspired by another post on here and something I always wondered about. I've read the contract and supplement and don't recall anything about tardiness or absenteeism. Seems unusual. What's to keep drivers from calling out or being late every day?
Believe it or not some people like a full paycheck

meritocracy

Atlantic Region.

Progressive discipline. To my knowledge people have been fired via progressive discipline for calling in without entitlements.

Atlantic Region.

If you are late for work you lost your guarantee if you take too many days off you will get yourself into trouble

Up In Smoke

The company at our building has "implemented" a new attendance/tardy policy. Step 1: a talking to or instruction. Step 2: a verbal warning. Step 3: a written warning. Step 4: a notice of suspension. Step 5: a notice of discharge. So far we have had a hand full of "talking to" conversations and 2 warning letters. The warning letters have come with no attached article and have been rescinded for cause. In every case so far, I've asked for the article and language reference for progressive discipline and the company's response is that it's a new policy. This will be a thing until the next thing.

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
The company at our building has "implemented" a new attendance/tardy policy. Step 1: a talking to or instruction. Step 2: a verbal warning. Step 3: a written warning. Step 4: a notice of suspension. Step 5: a notice of discharge. So far we have had a hand full of "talking to" conversations and 2 warning letters. The warning letters have come with no attached article and have been rescinded for cause. In every case so far, I've asked for the article and language reference for progressive discipline and the company's response is that it's a new policy. This will be a thing until the next thing.
Let your steward and BA know what the company is trying to do here. They can’t just implement new company policies. We have a contract, enforce it.

charm299

Ours did too during peak, one of my buddies had 4 attempt to terminate for calling in on sixth punch.

wilberforce15

We had a PT twilight guy that used to come in for 5 minutes on Friday night to keep his benefits. We have another PT clerk that job shares with another clerk. One works M,T,W and the other Tr,friend,S.
maxresdefault.jpg

wilberforce15

If I could permanently agree not to come in, and they would permanently agree to give me a minute per week to keep benefits active, then we would have the deal of the century.

rod

Retired 22 years
It's very common.

I know plumbers, carpenters, landscapers, pipefitters, and masons who take 5 days a week of going home early (meaning after 10 minutes of 'work')if they can.
People who work in the trades are noted for coming and going as they please---no matter how pissed off their customers are.