Attendance Record Issues

NuPS

I recently had a copy of my attendance record printed out and it showed that in the past two months I have been late 14 times. I have NEVER been late. I have been early every day since I started and made sure to clock in on a DIAD well before start time. I asked a supervisor and was informed that I shouldn't look to deep into it because they probably just changed the start time. Sounds like bull:censored2: to me. Seems like they are messing with time cards. Has anyone ever run into this before?

Turdferguson

Just a turd
I recently had a copy of my attendance record printed out and it showed that in the past two months I have been late 14 times. I have NEVER been late. I have been early every day since I started and made sure to clock in on a DIAD well before start time. I asked a supervisor and was informed that I shouldn't look to deep into it because they probably just changed the start time. Sounds like bull:censored2: to me. Seems like they are messing with time cards. Has anyone ever run into this before?

Absolutely look into it. That can be used for discipline against you

Sweeper

Where’s the broom?
Get a small spiral notebook that fits in your shirt pocket. Write down the time u punch the diad in. Verify your start time for the day in the Diad and make note of that and write down what time you punch out. It's also a good idea to note when you take your meal, how many NDA stops you deliver, stop count and piece count. Every Friday after you clock out log onto upsers and check your hours for the week on the time card viewer. If you see discrepancies start making noise.

NuPS

I just bought a notebook today and will be keeping records of everything. I know that since the attendance is run by software, anyone changing my punches will leave an electronic trail. If this keeps happening I will make an issues of it. I appreciate all the replies.

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
You come to work at 8:30, your start time shows 8:45 in the board, you think you're early. Sup changes your punch in time to 9:00, shows you as late. I'd be all over this.

Cementups

Box Monkey
You are in feeder , they don't care unless you are hours late

Hell a couple of times I was late because other guys will stand there staring at the IVIS after they punch in and look at their schedule for the day. Do that in the damn tractor for pete's sake.

P

pickup

Hell a couple of times I was late because other guys will stand there staring at the IVIS after they punch in and look at their schedule for the day. Do that in the damn tractor for pete's sake.

They pull that crap at the end of their shifts too. It looks like they are punching out but on their way to doing so, they look at their "schedule edits" to see what trailers they touched so they now fill out the dvirs.

For Gods sake, gimme a break.

Cementups

Box Monkey
They pull that crap at the end of their shifts too. It looks like they are punching out but on their way to doing so, they look at their "schedule edits" to see what trailers they touched so they now fill out the dvirs.

For Gods sake, gimme a break.

Well they need the OT.......because you know, the first 12 hours they worked wasn't enough. Got to get'em for another minute or two everyday. :rolleyes:

Ghost in the Darkness

You can get an app and record your punch in/out & lunch/break info on your phone if you don't feel like carrying around a notepad. Check timecard viewer daily and it will show you on time or not. Print it out and at the end of the week to build your case.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

We used to have a problem with our feeder guys parking their tractors, which is in an area down by the mechanic's shop, and then stopping to BS with the mechanics before punching out on the time clock just outside of the managers' offices. They have since moved the time clock.

NuPS

Make you wonder how much pay was shaven off over during that time period?
Yes, it definitely does. That's why I am going to try and get ahold of all my time cards. It'll show all the changes. Kind of hard for a supervisor or anyone to justify all those changes.

22.34life

Good job by the op checking his records,more people should do this on a regular basis.employees are always questioning there attendance record in discipline meetings,kinda hard to go through 9 months of attendance records with no documention and figure it all out.

LongIslandNewbie

I am going through this right now. I started taking pictures of my clock in on my Diad for the last 3 weeks and I just brought this to the business managers attention. He is researching it for me. He said I may need to file a grievance. I am not even concerned about the lost wages, its my attendance record. My Diad clock ins do not match the UPSER's website at least 2/3 days a week.