Austin/roundrock Texas

Nj187

my pops spoke to his ups driver. He said works 27 hours OT a week on average (DOT thought was 60 total hours, I know for peak was 70, thought was peak only or maybe it is forever, be good to know). He said made 147k last year. What got me, is he said that UPS pays people/homeowners to store packages in their garages on a route and at some point during the day he “re-ups” at their residence or he goes to a “pod.” Destination to re-up. Be good to have insight on how that works. Crazy how diff states operates.

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
my pops spoke to his ups driver. He said works 27 hours OT a week on average (DOT thought was 60 total hours, I know for peak was 70, thought was peak only or maybe it is forever, be good to know). He said made 147k last year. What got me, is he said that UPS pays people/homeowners to store packages in their garages on a route and at some point during the day he “re-ups” at their residence or he goes to a “pod.” Destination to re-up. Be good to have insight on how that works. Crazy how diff states operates.
Sounds like a little embellishment on the driver’s behalf. Either way, the storage situation is actually real, although news crews have been called to houses that this was happening in around here. Homeowners in these neighborhoods they tried using a house as storage tend to frown on commercial activities taking place. Never mind the fact the risk of a package catching fire or other illegal substance inside a package being discovered.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
He'd have to work thru vacations and push his 14 hour DOT limit every day or work 6 days a week to hit that. Highly unlikely.

Heavy Package

What got me, is he said that UPS pays people/homeowners to store packages in their garages on a route and at some point during the day he “re-ups” at their residence or he goes to a “pod.” Destination to re-up. Be good to have insight on how that works. Crazy how diff states operates.

You, sir, need to move our of your parents house, stop the drugs, and get a :censored3:ing job!! Dumb :censored2: Millennial loser!

750x422

DumbTruckDriver

Allergic to cardboard.
Your dad's driver likes to tell tall tales. I have a buddy that works in that area. The Austin area is experiencing tremendous growth, but 27 hrs OT is a flat out lie.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
You can buy a nice home in that area for $250K or less! A driver can live comfortably down there, although the property taxes seem high?

mjjlohn

147 is not an embellishment. Wasn’t even the top earner in the Austin bldg. 27 OT was possible 3 of 4 weeks this year in December where you worked your 60 and then jumped on saturday.