Austin, TX 78766 Distribution Center/HUB Location?

jdmef3

Currently, I am a part-time preloader working at a distribution center in North Carolina. After 10 long years I've decided that I want to relocate, and I am leaning heavily towards Austin, TX. I know there is a center within the 78766 zip code, as I saw that they are hiring on upsjobs, but I cannot find an address online anywhere. Anyone have any info? Anyone employed there, or has worked there in the past? Just want to scout out the area before any decisions are made, and before I start the transfer process. If this is the wrong section for this I apologize.

Bagels

Family Leave Fridays!!!
You can't transfer because you desire to relocate. National transfers are permitted for educational opportunities only. A 10-year, near middle aged employee signing up for community college classes near Austin typically has not established an educational opportunity. Remember, your sort/hub manager, division/district manager and HR manager - as well as those in the positions in your transfer are - must sign off on your transfer, and odds favor that they're smarter than you.

jdmef3

That's not what I asked. I know about the transfer process, and I will be enrolling in school, but the degree that I want to pursue won't do me any good where I'm at now. Any info on the area would be greatly appreciated.

Bagels

Family Leave Fridays!!!
You'll be grilled about what opportunity you're pursueing. It doesn't matter if the jobs aren't available in NC, if the degree is expect the transfer to be challenged. UPS knows that most educational transfers are frivolous and as a 10yr employee the bar will be much higher for you. It's always best to complete some basic classes locally before applying, since it demonstrates some seriousness on end.

You can find the exact addy of the hub by searching for only staff consumer counters in the area via UPS.com. I'd help you out by I'm typing this on my phone.

jdmef3

Just something I'll have to deal with when that time comes. If all else fails, I'll just have to cut my losses. Thanks for your help.

Bagels

Family Leave Fridays!!!
My intent is to stimulate your thinking to give you a chance to prepare so that your transfer may be successful. So many people put a lot of time and energy into a possible transfer, mistakenly believing that - for example - a 10yr 30yo employee with no recent college experience need only to register for classes. It rarely works, as the burdn is on you to prove an opportunity. It can be done, but there's right ways and there's wrong ways. Good luck.

Currently, I am a part-time preloader working at a distribution center in North Carolina. After 10 long years I've decided that I want to relocate, and I am leaning heavily towards Austin, TX. I know there is a center within the 78766 zip code, as I saw that they are hiring on upsjobs, but I cannot find an address online anywhere. Anyone have any info? Anyone employed there, or has worked there in the past? Just want to scout out the area before any decisions are made, and before I start the transfer process. If this is the wrong section for this I apologize.
Call 867-5309 and ask for Jenny. She will tell you.

sortaisle

Livin the cardboard dream
This sounds like a job for...dooo dooo do doooooooooooooooo! Google! Seriously...the amount of people who take the time to sign up on an internet forum to ask a question that can be answered by Google is staggering...and ridiculous.