Auto Mechanics Beware of Jack Stand Violations and Hazards

Integrity

Binge Poster
To My Fellow UPS Workers,

The purpose of this discussion thread is not to gripe or complain about conditions at UPS, management, the Union or for that matter anything at all about UPS. The sole purpose of this discussion thread is to discuss the following work-related issue with other employees as an initial step in engaging in some concerted activity to bring this issue up to the company as a group.

It is my hope that by addressing this issue in concert we not only be working for our own mutual aid, protection and improved working conditions, but we will be working for the benefit of any and all coworkers that may have been adversely affected by this issue.

While visiting various facilities Integrity has noticed that there are significant unsafe practices while using automotive type jack stands.

Mechanics, review the instructions and the practices for yourselves and you will see.

Sincerely,
I

VonDutch

Bite your tongue, Missy
Using two pair of jackstands, although I prefer using a third pair in the middle of a vehicle, is a common practice and has been going on in countless garages since the beginning of time.

A non-issue here.

Integrity

Binge Poster
Using two pair of jackstands, although I prefer using a third pair in the middle of a vehicle, is a common practice and has been going on in countless garages since the beginning of time.

A non-issue here.

VonDutch,

It may be a non-issue to you but it certainly is a issue to the manufacturer of the jack stands.

This practice is surely a OSHA violation regardless of how long or how common of a practice.

Sincerely,
I

VonDutch

Bite your tongue, Missy
VonDutch,

It may be a non-issue to you but it certainly is a issue to the manufacturer of the jack stands.

This practice is surely a OSHA violation regardless of how long or how common of a practice.

Sincerely,
I

Under which OSHA guideline is it quoted and what is your mechanical experience to base your opinions on?

I have been turning wrenches on everything from hotrods to farm equipment since I was old enough to turn a wrench.

Integrity

Binge Poster
Under which OSHA guideline is it quoted and what is your mechanical experience to base your opinions on?

I have been turning wrenches on everything from hotrods to farm equipment since I was old enough to turn a wrench.
VonDutch,

I know it is not common amongst blue collared workers but did you read the operator manual for the jack stands provided in the link?

It is clearly in the manufacturer instructions.

You don't need mechanical experience, you just need to know how to read.

Sincerely,
I

VonDutch

Bite your tongue, Missy
It is clearly in the instructions of that brand.
Is that the brand used by UPS mechanics?
Once again, what OSHA guidelines are you quoting?
.......and your mechanical experience is?

Integrity

Binge Poster
It is clearly in the instructions of that brand.
Is that the brand used by UPS mechanics?
Once again, what OSHA guidelines are you quoting?
.......and your mechanical experience is?

VonDutch,

My mechanical experience and knowledge is vast.

You can go on the OSHA site to get the number but it is common knowledge that following manufacturers directions is an OSHA standard.

This brand is used in UPS along with other brands also.

Sincerely,
I

What'dyabringmetoday???

Integrity- can you share the results of your ongoing threads that you have started on Brown Cafe? In other words- have you accomplished anything? This is not meant to start a fight. Just curious. Thank you.

scooby0048

This page left intentionally blank
To My Fellow UPS Workers,

The purpose of this discussion thread is not to gripe or complain about conditions at UPS, management, the Union or for that matter anything at all about UPS. The sole purpose of this discussion thread is to discuss the following work-related issue with other employees as an initial step in engaging in some concerted activity to bring this issue up to the company as a group.

It is my hope that by addressing this issue in concert we not only be working for our own mutual aid, protection and improved working conditions, but we will be working for the benefit of any and all coworkers that may have been adversely affected by this issue.

While visiting various facilities Integrity has noticed that there are significant unsafe practices while using automotive type jack stands.

Mechanics, review the instructions and the practices for yourselves and you will see.

Sincerely,
I

I, with all the violations you have noticed, why would you not file a class-action lawsuit and collect millions from the company. Upon your victorious litigation, you wouldn't have to work for such a low-class and unsafe employer.

Integrity

Binge Poster
Integrity- can you share the results of your ongoing threads that you have started on Brown Cafe? In other words- have you accomplished anything? This is not meant to start a fight. Just curious. Thank you.

What,dyabringmetoday???,

Discussion.

I have achieved discussion with fine folks such as yourself.

Sincerely,
I