Automatic Kenworths?

Mr Shifter

Rumor is the new Kenworths that are trickling in are Automatic. o_O

If so I don't thinks any of the old timers will EVER retire.

Indecisi0n

Trust me anyone that is able to retire in my center and doesn't is straight up crazy. You could load me up and send me out on a cloud to deliver and I would still retire. The stop counts are just down right dangerous.

brett636

The kenworths I have driven were all your standard 10 speed transmissions. None that we have received are autos to my knowledge.

over9five

Staff member
We all need new Kenworths, cause the new Macks SUUUUUUUUUCKKKKKKKKKK.

They're in the shop all the time. Mine went back AGAIN last Thursday. What a POC!

browntruckmechanic

Well isn't that special ?????????
Actually there computer controlled standard transmissions. the clutch is used only for stopping and starting. computer controls all functions of up shifting and downshifting.

truck1.jpg

truck2.jpg

Well, there is a stick so it could be a manual or, knowing the guys who drive them, a tampon dispenser.
truck1.jpg
truck2.jpg

brett636

Actually there computer controlled standard transmissions. the clutch is used only for stopping and starting. computer controls all functions of up shifting and downshifting.

I was driving one for the past couple of months and ended up going back to a Mack. I'm guessing something wasn't right with mine because sometimes it would go into gear and then become almost impossible to get out of gear. Didn't matter if the clutch was pressed in or not you had to really pull hard to get that stick to come into neutral sometimes. They are good trucks, but lack power when cruising at highway speeds, not to mention they require a full city block's worth of room to turn around and I missed the maneuverability of the smaller, single axle Macks.

robot

Has A Large Member
The new Kenworths suck!

Whenever you open your door it smacks the mirror, wtf? The rear window is low and you have to bend down to look out it. Also wtf is up with that gas pedal? It's all cockeyed like it was made for someone with a club foot. Real bad design overall.

Mr Shifter

Spoke directly to a KW driver tonight. Straight up manual trans.

Oh thank God. I was thinking these farts won't ever leave if they were straight up automatics. We don't have any here at my HUB but one had came from a larger HUB and caught Everyone's eye.