Automatic Transmission Now Standard?

MassWineGuy

Lately I've seen many UPS trucks with auto trannys. One driver told me that the company is switching over to them. If true, fantastic. I never drove any standard trannys worse than those at UPS.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
I never drove any standard trannys worse than those at UPS.

Really ?

11c8phc.jpg

ManInBrown

Doesn't affect me one way or another. If you're worried about whether your car for the day is stick or automatic, you've already lost. All I care about is whether the check clears

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Lately I've seen many UPS trucks with auto trannys. One driver told me that the company is switching over to them. If true, fantastic. I never drove any standard trannys worse than those at UPS.
That's been at least 1 if not two contracts ago. Everything new is auto.

Wizzy

Doesn't affect me one way or another. If you're worried about whether your car for the day is stick or automatic, you've already lost. All I care about is whether the check clears
You must be young. A standard requires 2 Aleve before leaving building and at bed time so I can walk the next day

BrownTexas

Ups should want nothing but automatics. Orion is already suppose to make it where anyone can do our job. Take out the manual transmission and in their mind any high school student should be able to do our job.

Indecisi0n

Ups should want nothing but automatics. Orion is already suppose to make it where anyone can do our job. Take out the manual transmission and in their mind any high school student should be able to do our job.
And let the fun begin when they send them out with 160 stops 90 which are business and let the fun begin.
*grabs popcorn.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
That's been at least 1 if not two contracts ago. Everything new is auto.
You are confusing automatic transmissions with power steering. There is no contractual language requiring automatic transmissions. Power steering has been contractually required on all new vehicles put into service after 1993.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
I laugh when I hear the new drivers whine about having to drive the mid-90's package cars with stick shifts. Those cars might have stick shifts, but they also have power steering, low steps, and adjustable high-backed seats. They aren't bad to work out of at all. Back in the mid-90's we would kill to have gotten one of those cars, at that time most of use were still driving P-600's with manual steering and high steps. I still remember my first power steering car, a 1994 P-700, #654572. I thought I had died and gone to heaven, even though it was a stick.

I laugh when I hear the new drivers whine about having to drive the mid-90's package cars with stick shifts. Those cars might have stick shifts, but they also have power steering, low steps, and adjustable high-backed seats. They aren't bad to work out of at all. Back in the mid-90's we would kill to have gotten one of those cars, at that time most of use were still driving P-600's with manual steering and high steps. I still remember my first power steering car, a 1994 P-700, #654572. I thought I had died and gone to heaven, even though it was a stick.
Stick shift doesn't really bother me.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
You are confusing automatic transmissions with power steering. There is no contractual language requiring automatic transmissions. Power steering has been contractually required on all new vehicles put into service after 1993.
Ok. I just know every new package car we have gotten since I started almost 10 years ago has been auto.

Rainman

Its all good.
Power steering since 95, automatics since 97 where I am. I spent 20 years in the old cars before I got a auto/power steering car as my regular ride. It makes all the difference in the world, especially as we get older.