Automotive Mechanic

DieselTech

Hi everyone, I am a Master Diesel mechanic right now and used to be a automotive mechanic. I grew interest in a automotive mechanic position around the Raleigh NC area. I actually work the night shift right now for a fleet company. My question is what can I expect, what is the starting pay and what does it go up to. I would appreciate it if I could get a little insight. Thanks.

oldngray

nowhere special
Duct-tape-origami-hat.jpg

Hi everyone, I am a Master Diesel mechanic right now and used to be a automotive mechanic. I grew interest in a automotive mechanic position around the Raleigh NC area. I actually work the night shift right now for a fleet company. My question is what can I expect, what is the starting pay and what does it go up to. I would appreciate it if I could get a little insight. Thanks.
I hear that you can expect feeder drivers to wipe buggers on there seats and that sometimes you will come in contact with this.

S

selfcancelsignal

Expect a lot of just putting "couldn't duplicate problem, vehicle OK to operate" on the DVIR logs & not fixing a friend---in' thing.

Sent while driving from my flip phone via T9 word.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Will the driver be available to give pertinent information from home to speed the repairs along so it won't have to be pulled?

The only time my car is pulled is for PM, with no warning of course. If I was given a head up, I could pull my stuff out ahead of time.

oldngray

nowhere special
The only time my car is pulled is for PM, with no warning of course. If I was given a head up, I could pull my stuff out ahead of time.

I learned to never leave anything important in my truck. Once mine disappeared from the lineup with no warning and nobody knew where it was. I finally found out it was sent to another building.

PT Car Washer

I learned to never leave anything important in my truck. Once mine disappeared from the lineup with no warning and nobody knew where it was. I finally found out it was sent to another building.
Only once? The truck you drive everyday for years may go by, by tomorrow night with no one saying anything to you.

oldngray

nowhere special
Only once? The truck you drive everyday for years may go by, by tomorrow night with no one saying anything to you.

I had trucks disappear without warning many times but I was saying once it was gone permanently. Other times I got a new truck my old one would still be around somewhere even if just as a spare.