B boxer vs. General

Who showed direspect and arrogance

• Did the General disrespect Boxer

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
What a wench, he should call her by the B word she really is. Pretty petty, and being a senator is Oh so respectful? How hard did she work to get the job, vs how hard did he work. I think wish I could help vote her out.
[video=youtube;TBnbv4rmOmg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TBnbv4rmOmg[/video]

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
The General was polite and used proper protocol in addressing Boxer. The Senator was rude, she came across as having no respect for him. Should he have called her "Sir" instead of "Ma'am"? Ma'am is a contraction for Madam, nothing wrong with that. Everybody in that room knew that she is a Senator.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
yes, and a lousy one at that, and actually should be called madam bietch, not senator. How condescending. I have to write and tell her what a wench she is, but cant at her home site, Im not in her area........Ill call:happy2:

diesel96

Albeit it's military lingo protocol to call your superiors 'sir" and "ma'am", unless instructed otherwise, what's unclear from this clip is how Brigadier General Walsh addressed the other male Senators on the Committee. If he addressed them as Senator and then addressed Sen. Boxer as 'ma'am', then Boxer might have felt a little out and was well within bounds to correct him. If the other Senators were addressed as 'sir' or 'ma'am', well Boxer is just another politician on a powertrip ....:peaceful:

Eventhough Senator Boxer comes away looking like the b!tch here, she is still part of the small deliberative body that decides how and when to finance and direct the military. In this country the military is and will always be controlled by the civil authorities. The General and all our military personal deserves all the respect in the world, but lets not forget who our founding fathers and Constitution put in charge here.....

moreluck

golden ticket member
Tooner, I'm in her state and have written her and that Finestein thing and told them what whiney beatches they are.

over9five

Staff member
Seems she needs to get her priorities in order. I guess her title is more important than the Generals testimony.

I had heard that earlier when he was speaking to a male Senator, he refered to him as "Sir", and that Senator didn't cry about it.

wkmac

I went out and saw some of the 15 second videos of Senator Boxer's comments and to be honest it's hard to judge IMO the whole context based on those few moments. However, I went to the Senate Committee website and got the entire 154 minute video and Gen. Walsh begins his opening remarks at around the 29 minute mark and concludes at about the 38 minute mark where he begins to take questions from Senator Boxer. At about the 42 minute mark is where the Senator corrects the General. Watch it for yourself and make up your own mind. I personally found the General not out of line at all and in keeping with what I've always percieved a proper military conduct and protocol. If Boxer had a point (in her mind she did) IMO should should have first recognized and thanked the General for his adherence to protocol but asked going forward could he use the term Senator instead. Had she done so, we'd have heard as much media about that as we've heard of the number of farts she ripped off over the last week!

http://www.senate.gov/fplayers/CommPlayer/commFlashPlayer.cfm?fn=epw061609&st=538

diesel96

I went out and saw some of the 15 second videos of Senator Boxer's comments and to be honest it's hard to judge IMO the whole context based on those few moments. However, I went to the Senate Committee website and got the entire 154 minute video and Gen. Walsh begins his opening remarks at around the 29 minute mark and concludes at about the 38 minute mark where he begins to take questions from Senator Boxer. At about the 42 minute mark is where the Senator corrects the General. Watch it for yourself and make up your own mind. I personally found the General not out of line at all and in keeping with what I've always percieved a proper military conduct and protocol. If Boxer had a point (in her mind she did) IMO should should have first recognized and thanked the General for his adherence to protocol but asked going forward could he use the term Senator instead. Had she done so, we'd have heard as much media about that as we've heard of the number of farts she ripped off over the last week!

http://www.senate.gov/fplayers/CommPlayer/commFlashPlayer.cfm?fn=epw061609&st=538

Wkmac....I believe you and I were the only ones to look at this objectively w/o knee jerk reactions to a soundbyte....I did not take the time to watch the whole committee meeting but I'll take your word on this one...I did read an anomonous comment who saw the whole affair and claimed that the General "Ma'amed" her to death like about 8/9 times... Is that true ? He killed her with kindness....lol

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
Wkmac....I believe you and I were the only ones to look at this objectively w/o knee jerk reactions to a soundbyte....I did not take the time to watch the whole committee meeting but I'll take your word on this one...I did read an anomonous comment who saw the whole affair and claimed that the General "Ma'amed" her to death like about 8/9 times... Is that true ? He killed her with kindness....lol
Ok So it was knee jerk, and no I did not take the time to watch the committee meeting.(big Yawn) It was also disrespectful, no matter what. Mam, is a respectful term, and he looked like a respectful man. She reminds me of some feminist who would get mad because a gentleman held the door for her. What a twit.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
The General addressed the male Senators at the meeting as "sir". He was being consistent and respectiful, and following proper military protocol.

Senator Boxer was within her rights to request that he address her as "Senator" instead of "Ma'am". Where she crossed the line....was by interrupting him and correcting him in such a rude and dismissive way. The man is a Brigadier General and deserves to be spoken to with the same level of respect as she does.

They were in an important meeting, conducting the nations business. She was totally out of line to disrupt that meeting by interrupting a senior military officer to snivel and whine about the manner in which he was addressing her. None of the male Senators in that room had a problem with being called "sir". She needs to get over herself and find something important to worry about.

Boxer is a self-righteous biotch.

tieguy

Banned
who's the hot blond on fox news. It appears i have not been watching my conservative channel enough. :happy-very:

Boxer needs to dodge some bullets on the front lines before she lectures a general on respect.

wkmac

I don't remember how many times he said it but off hand I'm guessing between 5 and 10 times. Gen. Walsh never used IMO a tone of mockery or disrespect at all (you wanna see mockery and disrespect, put my arse up there in front of those idiots :happy-very:) and yeah IMO Sen. Boxer was bit over the top about it because I do think she had an axe to grind with the politicizing of Katrina for gain but it's not worthy of the spin job that's it's getting IMO either. Besides, why give those moronic idiots any more PR than they deserve.

Our nation is so friend'ed up and yet the only thing Washington can do these days is either make political correctness spectacles of themselves or making a spectacle of themselves creating a circus of pointing it out.

But then most people don't "watch committee meetings (big yawn)" and thus we get and have the gov't that we hav.....deserve!

:peaceful:

I wonder if those same people missed a minute of American Idol or Jon & Kate.

A side note funny on me. I'm not a TV watcher except Science Channel, National Geographic, History, etc. and you can't walk the planet without hearing about Jon and Kate and all the drama. Well up until about a month ago, I thought Jon & Kate was a sitcom of some type and the drama I was hearing from people week to week was the show's storyline. Seriously, I had no clue this was all for real at least as real as reality shows go. Imagine my shock when I finally learned that people really do live like this!
:surprised:

:happy-very: @ me!

Ah the benefits of working nights and what useless things I get to miss!
:wink2:

moreluck

golden ticket member
wkmc....for your viewing pleasure, I suggest you watch "Kendra". That show is a real salute to bad Reality TV. This show makes "Denise Richardson, It's Complicated" look like serious television viewing!! :wink2:

I admit I watch these shows along with The Kardashians and Little People in a Big World.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
For the record WKMAC, if you were referring to me, I have never watched American Idol, Dancing with the stars, any reality anything, and the only way I heard of Jon and Kate was on the news. I have no time for useless TV. Occasionally I like Antique Roadshow, or Cesar Millan, Dog Whisperer, and Recue ME with Dennis Leary is by far the best show on TV (FX 10PM Tuesday)in a while.
We have the government in fact we have because of a bunch of unaware people, yes, who hit the same lever year after year when going to the voting booths. Never updating themselves on the issues.
But I am one of those people out there working every day, trying to keep up on important news of the day, and hoping, and doing what I can, to keep the leeches in Washington from taking the rest of what we work for.

wkmac

wkmc....for your viewing pleasure, I suggest you watch "Kendra". That show is a real salute to bad Reality TV. This show makes "Denise Richardson, It's Complicated" look like serious television viewing!! :wink2:

I admit I watch these shows along with The Kardashians and Little People in a Big World.

More,

Thanks for the suggestion but I just find especially network TV for the most part absolutely worthless. People love watching train wrecks so I understand the appeal from that aspect but I like learning or watching something that provokes me to think even in new directions.

But then this is the opinion of someone who starts literally every day (7 days a week) watching Washington Journal on C-Span.

:happy-very: Can you say "Political Nerd!"
:wink2:

I will turn over to Sundance Channel on Sunday mornings because quite often they have really interesting documentries on then.

Tooner,

If I intended to point directly at you I would have done something like this.

Ok So it was knee jerk, and no I did not take the time to watch the committee meeting.(big Yawn) It was also disrespectful, no matter what. Mam, is a respectful term, and he looked like a respectful man. She reminds me of some feminist who would get mad because a gentleman held the door for her. What a twit.

But then people like Tooner don't "watch committee meetings (big yawn)" and thus we get and have the gov't that we hav.....deserve!

You know I'm not afraid to do that and maybe I should have because I'm being blamed for it anyway it would appear. Mental note to self come next time!

Instead, I thought your comment was good observation of society as a whole and thus my comment was,

But then most people don't "watch committee meetings (big yawn)" and thus we get and have the gov't that we hav.....deserve!

And the very fact is most people don't watch committee meetings and most people think that and even that C-Span itself is a (in your own words) "big yawn!" Walk in a room full of people with the TV on and turn it to C-Span and watch the zombie looks of fixed eyes and open mouths disappear and people start moving around again. Easy to prove scientific phenomena.
:happy-very:

If you felt condemned personally, you did that to yourself.
:peaceful:

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
Calm down wkmac, I was not offended, it was just an add on:whiteflag:
I just thought Id state Im not one of them.
And yes if I was offended I did do it to myself since this is a posting place, and even when attacked which your post was not, it doesnt offend me.:surprised: