Back First, idiots!

iruhnman630

Yesterday would have been a great moment to have a dash cam.

I pulled up to a stop to see FedEx already there, nosed in to the driveway, half on the grass, engine running, and Motley Crue Shout at the Devil blasting from his portable speaker.

I walked past him , made the delivery, and chuckled as I waited for him to back out, because I knew what was coming next.

And he didn't disappoint.

He put that thing in reverse, backed straight out of the driveway, right into the tree across the street.

JJinVA

As funny as that is....

Why do UPS people have such an "elitist attitude" towards other drivers ?
Some do for sure. I would have given him a heads up.

But it really just boils down to the training. UPS drivers go through driver bootcamp while other drivers are given a set of car keys and told to do their best

watdaflock?

I pulled up to a stop to see FedEx already there, nosed in to the driveway, half on the grass, engine running, and Motley Crue Shout at the Devil blasting from his portable speaker.

I walked past him , made the delivery, and chuckled as I waited for him to back out, because I knew what was coming next.

He put that thing in reverse, backed straight out of the driveway, right into the tree across the street.
As funny as that is....

Why do UPS people have such an "elitist attitude" towards other drivers ?
UPS drivers never back into trees.

DICS02wUAAETVnz.jpg

FedUPSer9816

Full Service
It really just boils down to the training. UPS drivers go through driver bootcamp while other drivers are given a set of car keys and told to do their best.
I agree. In all my years at FXE I never received anywhere close to the training or attention to every freaking thing like UPS.

JJinVA

I agree. In all my years at FXE I never received anywhere close to the training or attention to every freaking thing like UPS.
I always try to look out for FedEx drivers. Ask them if they are good on drinks/snacks especially in the summer and during peak. Im not a hater, and the weather is demoralizing along with the volume.

Admittedly I dont even look at or wave to Amazon drivers though

FedUPSer9816

Full Service
I always try to look out for FedEx drivers. Ask them if they are good on drinks/snacks especially in the summer and during peak. Im not a hater, and the weather is demoralizing along with the volume.

Admittedly I dont even look at or wave to Amazon drivers though
Yeah I'm cool with all the drivers. I actually get to see one of my former co-workers on my route. The Ground guy is cool too, USPS too. Amazon is suspect in their methods, parking, giving a care. But we're all out there doing the same job, just different teams.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus

Ground?

govols019

You smell that?
That's an odd looking truck. I like how it doesn't have the little side glass though, must be built into the door. The glare on those things can be brutal

You mean there are drivers at UPS now that have never seen an old 800?

You'd really love that first step and wonderful power steering.

Whither

Scofflaw
You mean there are drivers at UPS now that have never seen an old 800?

You'd really love that first step and wonderful power steering.

We still have a couple P-1200s with this style cab (and doors). 5 speeds, but they're not high-steppers and do have power steering. Took me a couple days to reliably find the gears and decide that first gear is worthless haha (max speed ~3.5 mph), and then I took a shine to them. Another plus: no DIAD cradles.

rod

Retired 22 years

They used to put good bumpers on the UPS trucks. Back in my day we backed by sound. It wasn't a good day unless the back of your head hadn't smash into the bulkhead at least twice.

GenericUsername

We still have a couple P-1200s with this style cab (and doors). 5 speeds, but they're not high-steppers and do have power steering. Took me a couple days to reliably find the gears and decide that first gear is worthless haha (max speed ~3.5 mph), and then I took a shine to them. Another plus: no DIAD cradles.
We have one left and the guy who drives it daily has driven it since it's first day. They even repainted it for him and everything. As cool as they look, god they're awful. Nobody ever used first gear and just started up into second, the high step killed your knees, and the fact that my legs touch the steering wheel because of how small the driver area is warrants enough reason to never use them ever again.

ManInBrown

Some do for sure. I would have given him a heads up.

But it really just boils down to the training. UPS drivers go through driver bootcamp while other drivers are given a set of car keys and told to do their best
Disagree. We are paid very well to do what we do, therefore the large majority take pride In their job and do it the right way. Where FedEx is paid like garbage and they act like it. If UPS paid ten bucks an hour with no bennies you’d see a whole lot of brown trucks doing the same stupid sheet.