Back Injury / HELP?

pretzel

I actually claimed a lni injury today. I hurt my back putting on my seat belt. Literally I sat down put my seat belt on then my back exploded in pain It hurt to breathe. The company has that are you kidding me attitude but when I seen my doctor today I asked how this could have happened. He asked me how many times I put my seat belt on in a day I said 150 times. He says so every day u take your seat belt on and off 300 times that's 1300 times a week over how many yesrs? Yes you can injure your back putting on a seatbelt In a repetive way. The X-ray was scary I pinched a nerve.

I seen my own doctor and went by myself.

Jabbawock

X35PKG/HR
I know that if you predesignate an injury doctor before the injury occured, you can go to that doctor for all injuries. I don't know all the details, but you should definitely check with your local union for updated information.
Ups management likes to mess with your head whenever an injury occurs to one of their workers, whatever it may be, they will always make it your fault, especially if you do go to the UPS company doctor. The supervisors and managers wants to minimize the cost of an injury as much as possible even if it makes them the enemy. Its part of their job I.
It's up to you whether you want to be properly treated or not. UPS doctors will always try the least expensive way to treat an injury. They will resort to pain meds, then physical therapy, then acupuncture, then an epidural injection. They will always deny you surgery at all costs.
If you ask an independent doctor, they will tell you the TRUTH, the pain meds/therapy/acupuncture/epidural, ALL THEY DO IS MASKED THE PAIN AWAY. They do not get rid of the injury at all. If the masking treatment works for now, the problem will surely comeback at a later time. Trust me, I learned this the hard way.