Back pay union dues?

I've been out on workers comp for 4 months and will return to regular duty soon. Do I owe back pay on union days during the four months I was out of work? I notified my union of work status. I've been told if they put me on "hold" I shouldn't owe anything. What's the verdict?

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
I've been out on workers comp for 4 months and will return to regular duty soon. Do I owe back pay on union days during the four months I was out of work? I notified my union of work status. I've been told if they put me on "hold" I shouldn't owe anything. What's the verdict?

did you get a withdrawal card?

Even if I've called them each time with an update? I wasnt informed over the phone with the union account clerk that was an option at the beginning of all this.

Last edited:

542thruNthru

Call your local. We have people all the time that go on comp and forget to put a hold on their dues. My local just waves it.

BrownMonk

Old fart Package Car Driver
I know they can waive re initiation but I thought they weren't allowed to waive dues unless you asked for some kind of waiver in writing.