Back pay

Discussion in 'UPS Union Issues' started by raiders98, Oct 23, 2018.

1. MarvelousMunata

MarvelousMunata The Scapegoat With Attitude

I was asking...not claiming facts.

2. zubenelgenubi

zubenelgenubi Well-Known Member

That's the way it should be. There's a word for being compelled by threat of force to provide services for someone without compensation...

I don't see how any reasonable person can support RTW laws as they are written.

3. MarvelousMunata

MarvelousMunata The Scapegoat With Attitude

Agreed. Im not in a rtw state however. Union is a good thing. Idky people believe otherwise.

4. zubenelgenubi

zubenelgenubi Well-Known Member

It's a combination of a lack of understanding of economic forces, and an overall weakening of the labor movement through the corruption and incompetence of Union Officials. Many people don't understand why they should have to pay dues just to work a job. All they see is money coming out of their checks.

5. Automaton

Automaton New Member

I'm convinced a fair number of people don't vote because they're afraid of making the wrong decision, and prefer to leave that decision to others who might have a better understanding of the consequences. It would be interesting to see a survey or study done on this so we have some idea of the numbers involved. If I'm right, though, making it easier to vote won't convince some people to do so.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
    • List
  6. Misthios

Misthios I love my job. Don't you?

Very good point actually. I had never thought of it that way. I wonder how many people don't vote because of that instead of I don't care.

7. Yolo

Yolo Active Member

I-Team: Seasonal UPS Workers Had Almost Entire Paychecks Handed Over To Union

:censored2: like this doesn't help either. Teamsters officials need to remember who they work for.

8. You didn't get yours yet everybody gets theirs at the same time stop bring a jackass

9. BigUnionGuy

BigUnionGuy Got the T-Shirt

Yet, another child.... left behind.

10. dupa

dupa On-Road Integrated Optimization and Navigation.

11. They don't work for us. 2021 we need to send a message.

12. East coast navy

East coast navy Veteran

When did he bring a jackass. That’s wrong if he brought one to the party.

13. CoffeeStainedUniform

CoffeeStainedUniform Active Member

*I'm in a RTW state, I also pay my dues.*

I like it better in RTW. Preload makes very little for what they do. Most of them can't get a 'better' job around here and struggle to pay for gas. I'd rather Union Membership and obligation be optional.

As a side benefit, there's no one who counted as a 'non vote' because they didn't care about being a union member.

14. You shouldn't receive the same benefits as those who pay for it. That's the way I see it

15. upschuck

upschuck Well-Known Member

That is my only beef with RTW.

16. CoffeeStainedUniform

Preload making $13, working just as hard as we do but with less OT. No, they should only pay dues optionally (I did). We should have their backs regardless.

17. Wrong. That's called being a scab.

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  18. CoffeeStainedUniform

Going to the core problem; maybe we, the union, didn't represent the PT well enough to get them a fair wage for their work. Just my opinion on their compensation.

19. They got a nice raise this contract. How many part time jobs have health insurance, paid vacation and a pension?

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  20. 542thruNthru

542thruNthru Well-Known Member

So you think PT workers should reap the benefits of being Union (Benfits, Pension, Vacation,Etc..) but not have to pay for it. Then you think the Union that they don't contribute to should fight for them to make more money?

Sorry but $32.50 a month isn't going to bankrupt anyone with 2 jobs and if you work PT you should have 2 jobs. Anyone that says it will is just looking for something for nothing.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List