Back to stops per Car again.

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
It is an account anyone can use. The company offers it, but anyone can open a Roth account.
True that anyone can open a Roth but one of the big differences in the Roth401k and RothIRA is the amount you can cotribute, 17000 vs 5000, if under 50 accordingly. The only option for people who's retirement plan doesn't offer a Roth401k is the the IRA version. There's a few other differences between the two but those are just a couple examples.

barnyard

KTM rider
If our customers saw loads like this, I would bet there would be a lot more damage claims and they would use that photo as the reason why their stuff was damaged.

Our management teams should be ashamed of the way we treat our customer's property.

S

splozi

I'm curious if that is exactly how the load looked upon the driver's arrival, or if that is post-...tryingtofindstuff.

That is a horrific load, imo. I know that some people like to blame management for giving us too much work, or sups pushing the loaders to move quicker, which can result in bad loads. But honestly, a lot of the time it's because the loaders just don't care. These boxes could have been stacked in a neater fashion. It takes barely any more effort to do that.

One of my cars this morning (the smallest size there is, I think) was packed front to back all the way to the ceiling. The driver can easily open the rear to unload one of the bulk stops without being worried about how it looks like inside.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
I like getting home at a decent time I have an hour drive on each end of my shift. I left my house at 7:20 this morning and didn't get home till 8:55. That a 12 1/2 hr day....

Then you will continue to get more of the same.
I call it investing in my future when I stay out as long as the load dictates.
Spend a week or two working till 10pm and they will back it down.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
I'm curious if that is exactly how the load looked upon the driver's arrival, or if that is post-...tryingtofindstuff.

That is a horrific load, imo. I know that some people like to blame management for giving us too much work, or sups pushing the loaders to move quicker, which can result in bad loads. But honestly, a lot of the time it's because the loaders just don't care. These boxes could have been stacked in a neater fashion. It takes barely any more effort to do that.

One of my cars this morning (the smallest size there is, I think) was packed front to back all the way to the ceiling. The driver can easily open the rear to unload one of the bulk stops without being worried about how it looks like inside.

Yea, $8.50/hr just doesn't go as far as it used to.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Our center manager actually gave a speech this morn that he has control to dispatch as he sees fit. The few exceptions are no dispatch under 8 hours and they don't want a ton of people gong over 9.5. He said if we start having high 9.5 numbers they will go back to stops per car. How in the world does this make any sense lots of people are going over so let's send more over with stops per car? He pretty much said we are going to give u load that pushes u right to 9.5 but pick up the pace cause I don't want u over by just a few min.

menotyou

bella amicizia
Our center manager actually gave a speech this morn that he has control to dispatch as he sees fit. The few exceptions are no dispatch under 8 hours and they don't want a ton of people gong over 9.5. He said if we start having high 9.5 numbers they will go back to stops per car. How in the world does this make any sense lots of people are going over so let's send more over with stops per car? He pretty much said we are going to give u load that pushes u right to 9.5 but pick up the pace cause I don't want u over by just a few min.
WTF!!!!! I am soooooo confused!!!!!!

klolx

You can always wake up at 3am in the morning and load your own truck. No big deal.

kingOFchester

Thanks Dave. A couple more questions. Does the roth401k contributions go into the "funds" I have elected for the regular 401k? Also, if I max that out to the 17k, can I still max out the roth IRA? Thanks again.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Thanks Dave. A couple more questions. Does the roth401k contributions go into the "funds" I have elected for the regular 401k? Also, if I max that out to the 17k, can I still max out the roth IRA? Thanks again.

IMO it would not make sense to fund both the traditional and the Roth at the same time. There is no Roth IRA within the 401K but I believe the limit on an IRA is $5K/yr. If you choose to fully fund the Roth 401K you can either keep the funds the way you have them set up now or you can change them however you would like. The limit this year is $17K and an additional $5,500 for those of us 50 or over.